Has Anything Positive Come Out Of This Coronavirus Isolation For You?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• oppostate
    oppostate

yup i havent gotten the virus yet

so theres that

definitely a result of this coronavirus isolation i would say

• just fine
    just fine

This dog is very conscientious šŸ˜€. He would wake you up to go to work if you fell back to sleep after the alarm. 630 wake up on the dot.

We start work at 730, if Iā€™m not in my office by 725 he would bark at me to hurry me along.

And at the end of the day my computer makes a distinctive ā€œdingā€ when I log off. When he hears that he jumps up and heads for the door šŸ˜€

Iā€™m going to miss him, Probably not more than a week or two left.

• minimus
    minimus

Our dogs are a beautiful part of our lives.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It was absolutely fantastic. The whole 4 weeks were just jammed packed. I got some jobs finished that would of taken months to of completed if I only had weekends to do it. It was kind of weird because during lock down it was the furtherest thing from my mind. Kind of a blessing in disguise really.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've published one novel on Amazon, I'm editing the sequel and making good progress. I'm also reworking the plot outlines for two JW related novels.

Vidiot: what kind of models? Most of mine are 1/700 warships, but I just started a 1/72 B-25, it will sort of go with Hornet, which has the Doolittle raid spotted on the deck.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Well . . . I learned thatā€”beyond a shadow of a doubtā€”none of the elders in the local congregations give a shit about me because none of them have even tried to contact me recently despite direction from the GB to contact "Inactive Ones."

In fact, it's been over five years since an elder checked-in just to see how I was doing!

For context: I'm am merely faded, not DF'd or disassociated. I've lived in the same house for nine years and have the same phone number and email address I've had for over 20 years. Before I faded, I was a JW for 25 years, 20 of which I was an elder. So there's that!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• hoser
    hoser

Mrs hoser and I are still working as we are both in essential services. I had to change the way my business is run to meet health board requirements but it is running smoothly now and our revenues are steady.

Iā€™m working on expanding the business as capital improvements are cheap and the banks are in a lending mood

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Finish remodeling our dining room. Half way through doing the laundry room. This old house projects. Still Totally ADD

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon, what kind of dog did you have?? I can picture the scenario

She was a Bichon Shih Tzu, but fairly tall for the breed (not the super-small fluffy ones, although she was super-soft). She really loved a good gallop at the dog park, she could go some speed!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some positives for me would be its quieter outside, air seems a bit cleaner too.

I live close to the Vancouver airport .

Much cheaper gas, less cars on the road when traveling.

Annoyances would be shopping for groceries or shopping anywhere that's open, people dodging you like your a leper ( Social distancing), plastic screens up at the cashiers.

No barbers or hair salons to get a hair cut by a professional.

Had to cut travel arrangements .

These restrictions are going to be lifted soon and I cant wait, I'm sure most would feel the same, hang in there folks there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The world and humanity will get back to a normal way of life before Corona made its appearance that you can bet, who knows maybe will appreciate things more out of the entire experience ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit