Could you get reinstated?

by Gadget 18 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no could not do it - I admire in a funny sort of way those who have done it

• onacruse
    onacruse

No, I couldn't, even though I did it once before (lisavegas has me beat on that one LOL ).

The crunch question at my RI meeting in 1981 was "Craig, do you believe the faithful and discreet slave is Jehovah's channel on earth today?" I answered "Brothers, I recognize that the FDS has the authority to determine doctrine for Jehovah's Witnesses on earth today."

Well, they wanted me back in, so they accepted that ambiguous answer.

Even if I wanted to, I couldn't play that game again.

Craig

• Gadget
    Gadget
    What would be your ultimate aim in doing so?

I'm trying to get things sorted with my gf, but being df'd is just making things worse. She would fade(Wouldn't have much further to go...), but not be df'd. Trying to get myself reinstated is the only solution I can see that would result in us staying together.

ask yourself if you will be able to keep your true feelings about the Organization to yourself, even from your girlfriend, as you try to live all of these lies.

Thats the problem I've got now, been doing it for 6 months, I don't know if I can do it anymore.

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hi Gadget

Technically I could; though I could'nt think of any reason, except yours, why I would want to.

Saying that, I did stay around for quite a while just so I could quiz the elders on the UN stuff etc, and I strung it along with protestations about how much I knew it was the truth, but the allegations made it impossible to be the truth.because I wanted to go without them saying I left because I was weak, or because I was'nt good enough.

You're in a really difficult position and I can understand why you feel you want to go through this- it's all for the right reasons-but like most people, you can't live a lie and your life will become even more complicated the longer this goes on-2 years more??! You'll have a nervous break down or punch an elder by then mate

I'm hoping you and your g/f can find a way to keep them off your back with out going through all this - I 'm thinking there's no need anyway-they probably know why you're doing it and will keep you hanging on for years just to be vindictive...

When your girlfriend has got all her problems sorted out it may just all fall into place...xxxxxxx

• Gadget
    Gadget

Even if I decided to go through with it, I don't know if I could. This afternoon I cut and pasted an appropriate thread into word, took out all references to jws, and emailed to my gf. Straight after the meeting my mam and dad got a phone call from her parents, and after that my dad had a chat with me about apostate websites, and did I know I should only look at the official Watchtower website because all the others are apostate. It was totally out of character for me dad to do that, and he was so uncomfortable until we changed the subject. Coming straight after I sent that, I think someones reconised it and I've been sussed....

Gadget

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

It is so predictably easy that it is not worthy of accomplishment. The amount of time and attendance required outweigh the value of success.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

wow.

I get chills down my spine just thinking about how unbelievable HIGH I would have to be for SIX MONTHS of meetings and J.C. cry-sessions...

That's a LOT of good ganja, my friends. I don't think I can afford that kind of spiritual healing. I'd have to have my own hydroponics lab in my basement and some poppies growing out back and a meth lab in the shed AND a supply line to mexico...bat country!

Not to mention all the alcohol I'd have to consume to crush the unbelivable sense of stupidity I'd be writhing under as I endured yet another public talk on how the Trinity is crazy but 1914 is fixed, unalterable truth.

I'd need my own brewery.

Okay, okay, maybe if I took an exacto-knife and severed my spinal column at the base of my brain, I could supress the full-body gag reflex I get at the opening notes of "Follow the Warrior King."

Or, more simply, there is simply no way I could ever endure the re-entry. I'd burn up. My heat shields are cracked and warped...

CZAR

• termite 35
    termite 35

I would'nt have thought that they'd suss it was you HERE Gadget; if that's what you mean.

I think-from my experience of information and the elders they just assume ANY information that argues against the policies of the WTBS comes from the internet now as there is really no where else you can get it from in such a huge overwhelming volume.

I used to try to find the origional source of the information, I phoned the UN and got a letter from them to show them, the Guardian site print outs etc as they always asked me where the info. had come from; and I knew they would dismiss it hands down if they thought it came from the web.Also court transcripts...Could you find some info.from it's origional source so you're listened to ? It worked for me for a while then they closed ranks and had had enough and dismissed it all as my lack of faith anyway!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Not on a bet! This mouth was made for kissin' faces, not a**es, cher!

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit