Could you get reinstated?

by Gadget 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

If you wanted to, would you be able to convince your local elders to reinstate you?

You'd have to go to every meeting, sitting at the back, showing 'the right attitude' and not talking to anyone. You'd have to do this for 6 months to 1 year. Every time an elder came up to talk to you you'd have to say the right things, and the correct level of repentance, then have to sit through another judicial committee, telling them how much you love Jehovah and are so sorry for breaking the rules of the wbts and how the most important thing in your life is to get back in favor with them(And Jehovah presumably...).

Then you'd have to act like a good witness for quite a while until it wouldn't be suspicious for you to start fading, which in itself might take a year or two so as not to arouse to much suspicion/heat.

I don't mean would you want to, because obviously if your here its not very likely you're in that frame of mind. But if you had a strong enough reason, would you be actually able to put yourself through all of this, listening to all the stuff from the platform, licking up to all the elders, and keeping it up for quite a long period of time?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Gadget:

NEVER EVER EVER

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Only if I dissociated into somebody else

I hate lying and to do this would be one huge lie and I doubt I could pull it off - which is what got me DFed to begin with (not being able to lie that is)

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I honestly don't think I could put on that kind of show for more than a month. But I'm sure they'd make me do it for alot longer than 6 months or a year before they'd consider re-instating me.

Walter

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I could do it, I've done it twice before.

I could walk the walk, and talk the talk, but I'd have trouble thinking the thoughts.

Or is it, the not thinking part that I couldn't do.

Lisa

• Odrade
    Odrade

No. It would make me physically ill, and I mean that in all sincerity. The last year I was trying to be a good JW, I was sick all the time. Colds, flus, headaches, body aches, panic attacks, you name it. Now I am really quite healthy. I do NOT have environmental illnesses, but the psychosomatic effect (mind/body) was that of physical illness from, I believe, suppressing the feelings of hurt and doubt from being associated.

Now that I KNOW it is all a lie, I couldn't live through all the b.s. to "get the privilege" of being part of that lie again. In all sincerity... NO. If it came to a choice between having to be a part of that again or be disfellowshipped (we are trying to fade) I would take df'ing in a heartbeat.

I understand why you are asking though. So what you need to do, is ask yourself if giving up two years or more of your life worth it to try and get your girlfriend out. THEN ask yourself if you think the relationship will survive your fading after coming back in. Finally, after you determine those two things, ask yourself if you will be able to keep your true feelings about the Organization to yourself, even from your girlfriend, as you try to live all of these lies. I wish you the best, you have some really tough and heartbreaking decisions to make.

Odrade

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh no, hell no!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Gadget, I am of the opinion that honesty is the best policy. Could you ever look someone there straight in the eye while doing this?

What would be your ultimate aim in doing so?

• JH
    JH

I'm not DF'd, but you can be sure that if I went back, the elders wouldn't make it easy for me. They would insist on giving me another bible study. They would keep a close eye on me so that I don't contaminate the others. I wouldn't like going back even if I had no pressure at all from the elders. I'm free and I wouldn't want to go back. If I believed they had the truth, I would go back and accept whatever treatment they would dish out to me.

I think that anybody who believes they have the truth and wants to go back would accept their discipline. I will never go back, because they don't have the truth.

• Valis
    Valis

I would have to radically alter my appearance and mind...as in get a frontal lobotomy, chop off my hair, spend thousands removing tattooes,and get a snappy pair of blinders...leather perhaps...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit