Gofundme account opened for funeral costs

by Amelia Ashton 28 Replies latest jw friends

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

they can afford a proper funeral for Leah.

Okay...let the down votes and bashing begin here too. What exactly is a "proper" funeral? What exactly is wrong with a simple immediate cremation, and no fancy coffin, or a fancy headstone and grave?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Clearly a lot of people care and want Jon and Sharon to be able to afford a headstone or whatever else they want in remembrance of Leah.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

StanLiveDeath opined, "Nat--you are way out of touch with funeral costs in the UK."

You don't have no-frills cremations? Does the UK build a Taj Mahal for everyone in Potter's Field?

Now we know how many silly geese there are in the UK - 189 at last count. Watch that number climb, because everyone is SO SAD!

Next week they'll need cash for a BBQ - send money NOW!!!

• cofty
    cofty

Nat - Shut the fuck up

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Cofty is feeling like he didn't donate enough, so he's blaming me.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

ok Nat--heres a fact. my (jw) dad passed away in january 2016. i organised the funeral:

doctors attendance fee to confirm death and issue death certificate--he died in a care home

funeral directors charge for one hearse with 4 pall bearers. 1 basic coffin

crematorium fee.

funeral director said a few words. there was no service at all --.just the committal.

there were 5 of us present.

total cost--£3,000 plus some small change. thats pounds sterling--not dollars.

thats the way it is in the UK. most funerals will cost double that.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

thanks Cofty--you put it better than me.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I hope Jon and Sharon dont see this thread.

Some people really should keep their hurtful and unhelpful thoughts to themselves.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Nathan Natas is exactly what an embittered old man acts like.

Their life is crap and they want to make others feel it.

Drop dead you maggot.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Nathan, I get that you are thrifty and not out for a grand exit. I think that's my plan too. I'm sure that in your life you have not put a financial burden on anyone else. I am assuming of course. The difference in this case is that there are many people who need the trappings of a big send off in order to process the loss and to "honor" the departed. That's not us. I do not however, feel that anyone was required to donate. Those that did were likely of a mind that it was a needed expense and they "wanted" to donate. I agree it read like an appeal to emotion and lacked an itemized list of expenses. I resist giving in that case too. Again, to some, it just doesn't matter. It doesn't turn people who know the circumstances into dupes. I hope its a grand send off for that money and that the family has peace. Mourning makes fools of us all for a time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit