Those members who passed away

by Gorb 53 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

slimboyfat : It wasn't your post that bothered me but one that was deleted which, without explanation, listed Englishman.

Diogenesister : this database isn't kept "as a whole", I am visiting for the first time in many years and huge swathes of my posts are gone, so really nothing does last forever. On another note, when the JWs are gone completely in the future, they will be a mere footnote in a future Wikipedia when every database in the world sits on your finger tip.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I would like to see, which I wont of course, all of the posts from inception till whatever ,to be archived like an encyclopedia .

There is such a wealth of information discussed here with both apologists and ex JW`s having their say.

just my opinion.

• Earnest
    Earnest

I wonder about Old Goat who became a Witness in 1948 and at one time taught history at university level. He had a good knowledge of the history of Jehovah's Witnesses but we haven't heard from him since August 2017. Perhaps Vienne's daughter (Annie) might know as he was in contact with both Schulz and de Vienne regarding their research on early Watchtower history.

Another old-time contributor was larc (Carl Thornton), whose mother was Berta Peale's niece, and who provided a lot about Rutherford's entourage in the thread Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie and elsewhere, died in November 2005, as reported here.

• careful
    careful

Thanks, Ernest for the post. I was wondering about Old Goat too. Anyone know if he's still around?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit