Are there more ex-witnesses than current witnesses?

by stuckinarut2 12 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

For years the society has said that over 40,000 a year are disfellowshipped. Add to that the 10's of thousands who simply disassociate or fade...

So by that logic, would it be correct to assume there are actually more FORMER witnesses on the earth than the number of current active witnesses ?

• Londo111
    Londo111

And 2 out of 3 who were raised JW are no longer...

This org likely has the highest turnover rate of them all.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I've often wondered if there are now more of "us" than "them" who are left in. If you could the "active in body only -- meaning out mentally" in our group, then I think there is no longer any doubt about it. The JW membership is hemorrhaging. That's why the RC is all about loyalty to GOD -- the "Guardians Of Doctrine".

I've gone back an given consideration to all of my peers when I was a young JW. Most are "out". Then I looked at all of the peers of my children while they were young. The vast majority of them are all "out", too.

However, many who are "out" because of being DFd, are still "believers". They just can't live up to the JW rules, but they wish they could.

Doc

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

You're also only accounting for those that were baptized. Many (perhaps millions) more were raised in the cult but were never baptized and left as they got older. I think there's a pretty good chance there are as many or more exJWs than JWs.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Broad and spacious is the road to destruction, the road to life is narrow and few are the ones finding it!

Jehovah only picks those who he wants............Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah!

I am sure there are more Ex-dubs / never baptised kids of dubs, than those currently active.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Remember the come back to Jah brochure. If you leave it's YOUR fault. They never have and never will look at what they do to contribute to people hitting the Exit. Narcissists NEVER look at themselves as the problem.

Until they change their abusive behaviors, the pattern will continue. In my opinion, that is a good thing. The down side is all the damage they are doing to people and families. It's heartbreaking.

• the comet
    the comet

I think it would depend on what you consider a former witness.

if you combine people who were baptized and publishers, just unbaptized publishers and people who were raised but left before ever becoming a publisher, yeah I think there are way over 8 million.

If your only talking about people who were baptized, and then faded, df, da..then no I don't think they outnumber active witnesses.

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

A while back my dad who is service overseer was putting together a list of everyone in his congregation territory that doesn't come anymore whether df'd or not to try and visit before the memorial.

My wife had lived in that town for most of her life and helped him put the list together, between them they came up with a number that was about 20 more than the current congregation.

Different places will have different statistics but I think in the more developed countries with good internet there is probably more out than in, especially if you count faders.

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

Great thread by the way.

• brandnew
    brandnew

Depends Stuck.......was this during an overlapping crisis, ??or was it before nathan knorr had a sex change??

Or ......😂😂😂😂😂😂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit