Dead Child In The Hot Car

by Valis 28 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

This happens every summer here, and it is just so incredibly stupid and sad. That 8 mo old must have been in the van about 8 hours, no fluids. poor baby.They are defenseless and depend on their parents for everything. How can u forget a baby is in the car.

There was also a headline aboot a 3 week old baby that was dropped by a 16 yr old at a church . The baby died.

Two babies who never got a chance at a life.

Sometimes the news is so damn depressing.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I went to the grocery store last night, and what did I see? A lady had locked her baby in the car and locked herself out.

There were about 20 people gathered around trying to help the lady unlock the car. Me and another guy talked for a second and he said that he left his first wife because she had a habit of leaving the kids in the car.

This happens so often in texas, and people are getting off scott free. It sickens me to no end. Man, when will people learn?

Merc'

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Whenever this comes up, there are always villagers with virtual pitchforks at the ready. All well and good, but this continues to happen several times a year. I hadn't seen the one Valis posted, but I did see one last week in New York State.

A couple years ago, I had the brilliant idea of how I would solve this problem: invent a device that worked as a alarm/warning in cars. A patent search showed that I was not the first with the idea (of course). There are a couple of great ideas out there for implementing this. Relatively simple technology too.

So, I'm thinking now, if you really want to do something about this, press for an alarm system to be manditory on all cars.... the cost would be minimal per car.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

just let the bastards fry and then of course thats to good for them. where are peoples brains. yes I like the suggestion of Cool Hand Luke, that sweat box.

I can't stand these kind of jackasses. Let them be charged with murder.

Orangefatcat.

• Panda
    Panda

How can people forget a child in their care? Easy --- it wasn't the first time. The scene is: all these little kids getting out of the van (or whatever) little Billy Bob is sound asleep . If you wake him up he'll be a hellion. "we didn't know he was in there?" bull shit. When our childrens lives are at stake why do we have such underpaid undereducated people taking care of them?

As for parents who lock kids in the car I wonder, why do they lock the doors? for whose saftey? The vehicle?

The mother who went to the beauty shop could easily have stepped outside to at least check on the child (children?). Heck people do that all the time when they need to put money in the meter.

It seems that motherhood is really just birthinghood, nothing nurturing about it.. I have a friend who calls these women "breeders" That sounds about right.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Infants do not even have a chance in such heat they are not able to regulate their temperature and the very young ones especially. Small children dehydrate very easily.

I can't even breathe here in MO just getting in my car it is like breathing f****** fire and they LEAVE them in their car it is MURDER and when people start being charged with PREMEDITATED MURDER maybe this will enforce their parental skills if not at least they won't be on the street to do it again.

I have said and said again how can you not see a child in a F***** carseat? I can see my grandaugter MOST of these kids are sitting forward how incredibly selfish these people are.

Also Sixy the alarms don't always work and should not be a "foolproof" method we had a police dog die here from the heat. Officers don't always take them in on calls they leave the car running and have a BACK-UP air conditioner and they both failed inexplicably, the officer found the dog in a coma and he was just beside himself.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

By the way I would have broken the glass windows of the car or van and let the air get in and would stay there until the cops arrived. I don't care if I got in trouble for it at least the baby would be alive.

Yes there is far too much of this kind of negligence.

Orangefatcat

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

The stupidity and selfishness of people never fail to amaze me. I have forgotten car keys, purse, cell phone, and other inanimate objects in a variety of places, but I have NEVER ONCE forgotten my children, my husband or my dogs. Good Lord, they're living, breathing creatures! What's to forget???

I like the idea of pushing for mandatory alarms to be installed in cars. I've got one in my car that beeps at me if I try to get out without turning off my lights (now THAT I would forget!), and I am most grateful for it.

Nina

• rem
    rem

I don't know... I just think it's the law of large numbers. In any population the size of America (or the world, for that matter) there are bound to be millions of mistakes made each day - most trivial and some tragic. Maybe once the novelty of having a child wears off some people become distracted from caring for their child more easily. It's sad, but I don't think anything will ever stop it... it's almost inevitable with this many people on the planet.

rem

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

And that's why I would push for a legislated technical solution, rem. The numbers of lives saved won't ever add up to those saved by seat belt and airbag technology, but it's babies, for godsake, so lets fix it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit