Coming to a Kingdom Hall near you

by FatFreek 2005 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Giordano
    Giordano

I have personally worked on and maintained a KH........ this land grab is truly disgusting. The KH's are at the literal center of this religion....... it represents the only tangible proof that the religion exists in it's community.

Every religion, every group....... be it Veterans of Foreign Wars, the Shriner's even the Odd Fellows have meeting places that represent their interests.

Another dumb ass move that diminishes the JW's.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Coming to a Kingdom Hall near you" . . . . .

Image result for kingdom hall with for sale sign

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

And to think....back in the 1960's and 70's when I first came in contact with JW's, they constantly condemned all religions for their asking for money and tithing. Back then the JW's had something in the line of credibility in some small way. Today they are no better, and in many ways worse than mainstream religion. The Christian churches today whether they are small, big, or mega.....are all supported by generous free will giving. Their hard earned money isn't stolen from them like it is from the JW's who donate, work, or whatever else they do to be approved by men.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

can you imagine---- dubs who may have donated for years towards building a kingdumb hall----and understandably feeling a close bond with it-----only to have the ownership taken by the watchtower-------whilst still having to donate the same amount!

THEN the cult decides to sell it out from under them--and make them travel to share another hall.

if that doesnt open their eyes to "the truth" about the cult--then nothing will. beyond hope.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    can you imagine---- dubs who may have donated for years towards building a kingdumb hall----and understandably feeling a close bond with it-----only to have the ownership taken by the watchtower-------whilst still having to donate the same amount!

I know a lot of them that would go along with this without question. The WT would spin it that the money is needed to go where the need is greater and most of the rank and file dubs would go along with it.

I know the WT does not tithe but they put a heavy guilt trip on to the members to contribute as much as they can to the KIngdum work. My parents would give a fair amount from the pension money to the Kingdum work.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The WT have, and continue to steal the savings of each congregation. Any savings over about £5,000 or three months operating expenses has to be sent to the WT. The CO always checks the Bank Balance each visit for this reason.

George

• Spiral
    Spiral
    William Penwell

I know a lot of them that would go along with this without question. The WT would spin it that the money is needed to go where the need is greater and most of the rank and file dubs would go along with it.

I know the WT does not tithe but they put a heavy guilt trip on to the members to contribute as much as they can to the KIngdum work. My parents would give a fair amount from the pension money to the Kingdum work.

What I am seeing locally is so sad..... the JWs here are so uneducated (sorry, but that's the only way I can describe it, and we all know why that is) that they really can't understand what this all means. Most of the congregation is pretty poor but they still give because they think it is for the "worldwide work" as in good for everyone. If you don't understand how the real estate industry works you can't see what's right in front of you.

I think this is an undercover "tithe" on a group basis. It's brilliant, really. Meanwhile, they keep them so busy with their "time tithe" that they don't have time to contemplate the meaning of what's in front of them.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, this was yet another of those "what the hell?" moments for me?

The premise used by the society that "an equalising would take place" and that other halls would be paid for is just the fancy way to sell the idea to the flock.

The opening post summed it up very well.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

And when they start selling local kingdom halls off the prescence or foot print of jw land will vanish

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

And in ten or twenty years the jws are going to be one of those tiny little cults that hardly have any halls at all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit