Evolution is a Fact #3 - ERVs

by cofty 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tazemanian-devil
    Tazemanian-devil

I'm really enjoying these posts Cofty.

ERVs are irrefutable evidence of evolution.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Very good OP.

Explaining evolution to the casual reader (I may be a Biology graduate but in some respects I'm just a casual reader) is not necessarily easy, although you've managed it well here.

Looking forward to Fact#4 ...

• Clambake
    Clambake

These threads aren’t about informing, they are about proselytizing. I really think these forums should be a proselytizing free zone.

Its sad people can’t see though the bullshit.

• sir82
    sir82

I don't see any proselytizing at all.

Which sentences in the OP are "proselytizing"?

• DJS
    DJS

Clambake,

There are two acceptable responses in a debate: 1. Refuting the evidence, the manner in which it was collected (by whom - possible bias, whether scientific methods were employed, whether it has withstood peer review, etc.). Please provide counter evidence or refute Cofty's; and 2. the analysis or evaluation of the evidence - Cofty has presented the evidence in a simple manner so that evolution dunces such as me can understand. If you have a problem with his evaluation, please point it out. To this point, you have used the following debating tactics, which are employed by someone who can't do either 1 or 2 above:

Name calling

Questioning the motives of the opponent

Citing irrelevant facts

Sloganeering

Rejecting facts or logic as opinion

Mockery

Innuendo

• Clambake
    Clambake

Coming to a non-science or religious related forum and posting evolution related material is proselytizing.

The militant atheist is quite annoying.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If it annoys you so much why are you in this thread and every other one like it reading it and shit stirring?

Maybe it is you who has an agenda here eh?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Coming to a non-science or religious related forum

But this forum isn't religious per se. The owner of this forum, Simon, is an atheist (apologies Simon if I've misrepresented you) and this forum helps exJWs and lurkers/doubting JWs.

It also has various areas (sorry, can't think of the right word) - humour, sports and entertainment, politics and current affairs, WT coverups, WT doctrine, WT child abuse, etc.

If Simon were to introduce a new place for topics, entitled 'science', would you be happy?

• cofty
    cofty

Clambake - For the third time, creationism is a fundamental JW doctrine.

I am refuting it.

What part of that are you struggling with?

Part 4 imminent.

• DJS
    DJS

CB,

"If the same remnant of a virus was found in exactly the same place in the genome of two different people it would be irrefutable evidence that they both inherited it from a common ancestor."

The smoking gun for evolution it would seem. If we didn't evolve then your god made the same mistake over and over and over and over. He didn't just have a bad day; he had a bad millennium - or thousand.

Someone provide a better explanation. Sometimes theists claim god used both evolution and creation. Try that.

This is also a non-economic forum, a non-military strategy forum, a non-global political forum, a non-relationship forum …… But we talk about all of these things regularly.

Keep talking CB; you are about to make this your greatest hit, surpassing the one where you justified trying to steal an elderly sister's fortune.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit