You won't believe this ... Jehovah's rich blessing has befallen me !!!

by dubstepped 23 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

My dad died a couple years back (not how you thought this would start, I know). He was an elder, and a very emotionally abusive father, well before the point where he ever shunned me. He died pretty much penniless, and never would buy life insurance or anything. Flat out refused. He and my mom got an inheritance when my grandparents died but squandered it. At the end they lived in a trailer park and at a point I drove by after his death and even the trailer was gone. Mom moved to some sort of low rent apartments where a bunch of JWs live (imagine that).

Anyway, apparently my mom sued the facility where dad was before he died. I don't know all of the details, but she sued for wrongful death/injury and won. My dad was in terrible health and chose to go off dialysis and to die, so I don't know how that all went down, but the bottom line is she won some money.

Just this week I posted a podcast up asking for donations to help me get episodes transcribed for my "shunned" podcast so that I can reach more people. I not only need monthly donors to help keep up with the cost of new episodes that need to be transcribed, but also have a back catalog of episodes that need to be transcribed and will require a small chunk of change in the amount of $300+.

Well, apparently in my mom's settlement it must have been mandated that the kids get something otherwise my ass probably wouldn't get a penny. Guess who just got a check today (not a large one at all, but a check nonetheless) and can now afford to transcribe the back episodes of the "shunned" podcast. I still need help with the ones that come up, but I can splurge on these back episodes. Hehehehehehehe............ :)

Ask Jehovah and ye' shall receive, bitches! Lol! Thank you Jehovah for your rich blessings. I can now get my apostate podcasts transcribed. Thanks dad! It's the best thing you ever gave me. The timing here is irrefutable proof that if you ask for what you need, the universe provides. ;)

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Ask Jehovah and ye' shall receive, bitches! Lol! Thank you Jehovah for your rich blessings. I can now get my apostate podcasts transcribed. Thanks dad! It's the best thing you ever gave me. The timing here is irrefutable proof that if you ask for what you need, the universe provides.

Amazing story. I plan to use any money that my father claims will leave to his children to donate it to a shelter for people in domestic violence situations.

I guess their Jehovah does provide! Thanks for sharing this. Feels great to use money that comes from them for things that are more personally rewarding.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

Wow Jehovah does provide! ;)

Good Job on your podcast btw, I follow you on Insta, didn't know it was you!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Great story man! Thanks for sharing... really made me laugh!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah, yes!

"the Lord works in mysterious ways!"

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks CAA! Yep, that's me. I'm the fearful leader of the podcast. Glad you like it!

Oh, I'm also the subject of This JW Life. That was my first podcast.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I can see the Apostate Convention now:

I will be doing the "experiences" part after the lunch break, and will call Brother Dubstepped to the platform.

"Brother Dubstepped, can you share with us your faith-strengthening account of a time that Jehovah's rich blessing was felt on your life?"

You recount your "experience" and the audience all claps.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You know, another of our friends here on the forum also shred that just as he was down to his last few dollars last week, he received a job that covered all his expenses! Not too long back, he would have attributed this to Jehovah's blessing too!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Lol @stuckinarut! I'm all set for the apostate convention. I have lots of experience with giving experiences. Should I embellish it to say that I actually inherited millions and set all of the JWs in my former life free too? I mean really, what I said in the original post isn't enough. Surely we can fluff it up to be "more encouraging" to our brothers and sisters here.

• humbled
    humbled

I am crazy happy for you! O the irony!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit