The unfolding crisis in Afghanistan is completely Joe Biden's fault, nobody else's

by LoveUniHateExams 46 Replies latest social current

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Not the Taliban’s fault. Not the Afghan government/military. Not previous US administrations going back decades. No, all Joe Biden.

Perhaps you'll understand with an illustration: You bought an old car that needs much repairs. You are aware of it but take it out on the highway anyways and have a major accident. Who's to blame? The previous owners? The Car itself? No! It will be you! You took an action that, given the circumstances, didn't make any sense.

Same goes with the situation in Afghanistan, the US did a poor job at handing over power to that countries government/military. And than, even worst, they didn't even prepare for proper evacuation. But who was it that actually took the decision to leave like this? It was Bidden. Trump made a lot of promisses that he didn't follow and leaving the Afghanistan was just another one. When faced with the facts, what was more important? Uphold his word? Or was it to ensure that he wasn't serving up on a plate thousands of people to radicals? I never liked Trump, but he never messed up as bad as this.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@simon: I disagree with your assumption we (NATO or the UN) should never have gone. It is a humanitarian crisis in the first place and having a place under that form of religious rule should never be acceptable. If we didn't go in, we could've at least kept providing freedom-loving Afghans with air support until they got their own air forces ready.

Biden literally dropped everyone at the drop of a hat, and in that interview he even admits, he doesn't remember what information his generals provided about doing that. He has dementia and nobody is willing to invoke the 25th amendment over it, because they're afraid of losing power.

And we already have a successful nation in the area that built from the ground up on the ashes of religious extremism, the area of Israel was under similar medieval rule after the British retreated from the area, there still is a large group, which modern Israel and the UN has given concessions to brutal dictatorships in the area, but Israel has it largely under control and has shown in the past it could take more area up until the Nile and the Suez Canal if it really wanted to.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

This is the kind of animals the Tolly-Bahn, as all the "woke" ass-hats now pronounce it, are.

https://www.news18.com/news/world/they-kill-us-feed-us-to-dogs-afghan-woman-who-was-shot-eyes-gouged-out-says-worst-fears-have-come-true-4091087.html

I still believe that IF the so called ROE were done away with and the soldiers that were sent to that s//t-hole had been allowed to do their jobs in the same style of guerilla fighting that the enemy does this may not have been the outcome. The U.S. and other countries that want to "fight" like gentlemen need to put down their purses, and fight like men, TO WIN! Just my opinion though.

• Simon
    Simon
    It is a humanitarian crisis in the first place and having a place under that form of religious rule should never be acceptable. If we didn't go in, we could've at least kept providing freedom-loving Afghans with air support until they got their own air forces ready.

You seem to have forgotten that there was no humanitarian reason that the war in Afghanistan started. It was based on a litany of lies and then perpetuated with more lies over the next 20 years - the biggest being that we were transforming the country so it could stand on it's own two feet. After 2 decades, trillions of dollars and thousands of lives, it didn't last an afternoon.

Lies, lies, lies.

If there was a humanitarian mission to actually change the country, it would need to kill more people to be successful. The stories that troops tell of hearing children being raped and being told not to intervene because "culture" is why nothing changed.

But then that was the plan. The trillions of dollars are spent on the war but don't stay in the country - they go back to the US and into people's pockets.

This was never a war that was fought to win or to change anything, just to maintain the status quo and keep going, and going, and going ...

... until the wheels finally come off and it becomes untenable.

• Simon
    Simon

Example of the lies used to justify invading Afghanistan. Pure fantasy:

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

The U.S. and other countries that want to "fight" like gentlemen need to put down their purses, and fight like men,

That's what happens when you have a military of WOKE---soldiers-----run by WOKE Leaders.

What happened to all the REAL MEN THAT COULD PROTECT THE INNOCENT.

You only find them in movies now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvZImlL51Io

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Who are Biden's advisors? They should be parachuted into Kabul to support the rest of the stranded Americans.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

StephaneLaliberte

Perhaps you'll understand with an illustration:

đŸ™„ oh, you think I just ‘don’t understand’. Cute. đŸ˜‚

I guess it’s part of the JW mindset that if you can come up with an ‘illustration’ for something, it means that the analogy is automatically completely true without any additional complexity or nuance.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Creaky Joe knew that the Taliban could come back and overtake the country, killing any Afghan in their way. ~LOVE UNI

This is where your scenario goes all wrong. Biden could not have known the Taliban were still a threat. Sleepy Joe doesn't even know whose basement he's hiding in.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I guess it’s part of the JW mindset that if you can come up with an ‘illustration’ for something,

I deliberately did that as we are on an ex-JW forum. I thought it was funny :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit