If all GB members died at once?

by Jofi_Wofo 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

I don't suppose anyone knows for sure, but do we have any kind of hint of what would happen if all of the governing body members died at the same time- such that nobody was left to appoint successors?

In lieu of any solid evidence, I'd also be interested in hearing some speculation based on what we already know about the organizational structure.

It would certainly throw a wrench in either the teaching that the faithful and discreet slave will survive into the great tribulation and/or the implied doctrine that the the GB succession arrangement is justifiable biblically.

Let me firmly disclaim any implication that I am encouraging violence or wishing death on the Governing Body. I want people, all people, to LIVE with the concequences of their bad actions. I want to see all wrongdoers brought to justice while being fully aware that their facade has been torn away and that everyone then knows who and what they really are.

This is just a question meant for educational and entertainment purposes.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Well, it would just go down to the next person in command of the corporation. Nothing special really, so typically you have the owners, the board members, the president, the secretary and the treasurer.

In cases where you need to elect a new board, either the members or officers would do so (depending on the language in the bylaws filed during incorporation).

So most likely an attorney for the corporation would look at the bylaws, look who is responsible to make these decisions and/or call for a vote from the membership. Given the membership of the corporation is presumably a select group at Bethel (I’ve heard there are ~500 shareholders), that would be whom does the election, not the members of congregations which are their own legal entities.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    If all GB members died at once?

One can dream...can't he!

• asp59
    asp59

Maeby things would start working for this org if that happen.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The way things are going now with Jehovah's Witnesses it really wouldn't make a difference. You have a group of people who will live or die at whatever JW Broadcasting tells them to do. Whatever reasoning given for the Governing Body's replacement will be accepted because, if you don't, it means being disfellowshipped.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    If all GB members died at once

We can only hope.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The "helpers" would take over (IMO), 'nu-lite' would be disclosed that the "helpers" are the princes of the New World who must be unquestionably obeyed, and that JW's are in the last nano-second, of the last second, of the last seconds, of the last minute, of the last minutes, of the last hour, of the last hours, of the last day, and they better be ready to hang onto their asses for the Big A. is starting.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    FedUp - the "helpers"

They'd use that scripture where Jesus would send the 'helper' or some garbage.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Nothing would change. In fact, the cult would be even more cultish as their teaching is that the GB members would go to heaven during the great tribulation before Armageddon. They would see this as an accomplissement of prophecies.

And as much as I don't like these guys, I prefer for them to face humiliation and jail rather than death. It also reassures me that I am not morally bankrupt as they are considering that they'd like me to die as the evil apostate that I am.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Would not the GB go up to heaven with "Kenny Rogers with a Cape on horseback with the start of the Great Tribulation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit