There's One In Every Congregation

by pale.emperor 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Im talking about crazies. And i mean, way out there mentally ill nutters that think they're perfectly sane. Every congregation seems to have at least one. I think it'd be fun to share who your "one" is.

In my hall we have a lady with only one tooth in her head. She comes to the hall with a dirty old toy pram with a black plastic bin-bag on it. In the plastic bag is a collection of dusty, chipped old ornaments.

In my previous hall there is a woman who sits in the very front shushing people who talk or make any noise whatsoever in the meetings. She also answers rhetorical questions from the platform out loud.

An elder in another hall turns up every Sunday with a spare white shirt - in case the visiting speaker turns up wearing any other colored shirt, in which case he demands the speaker to put on the new shirt!

(Yes, i know many will say ALL JW's are crazy, but im talking about way out there types that we all recognize but just go along with)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

we used to have a study turn up called Steve, an old hippy clearly taken far too much LSD over the years, didn't have a close relationship with soap and water either, apparently he turned up to the book study in the KH and took his shoes and socks off.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Not wishing to go with shameless advertising, but there are some 'experiences' in my MILLIONS' book (on Amazon as Kindle and Paperback), about this.

I think whacky cults attract whacky people.......myself included

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

I've heard the "white shirt only" thing before. In my hall we had several learning disabilities/autistic people which the other members used to sneer at, make fun off and deride sometimes to their faces. They seemed to think they were the congregation clowns . Everyone but one of the learning disabilities people eventually left the religion.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh yes....the "newly interested" ones who were the epitome of socially and emotionally challenged people with baggage galore....

When was a "study" a normal person from the community who for example ran a business, dressed well, had no social issues or quirks etc?

Never!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

How many more would be WAY OUT THERE with out their meds.

More looneys than a funny farm

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

TTWSYF - I remember a 'sister' who worked in a predominantly JW nursing home said about the oldies, 'you can see the hope in their eyes, even though they're old and close to death.'

A week later she was complaining, 'they're all on anti-depressant meds.'

Okay, what am I missing here, sister?

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    An elder in another hall turns up every Sunday with a spare white shirt - in case the visiting speaker turns up wearing any other colored shirt, in which case he demands the speaker to put on the new shirt!

Ironically, heard this of a congregation where they had white shirts in various sizes, ready in case a guest speaker showed up with another color or design...until the District Overseer showed up in a Blue shirt and was told to change by the COBE. Needless to say, the DO didn't budge and the White shirts disappeared after that.

• OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations

Yeah right- Even at the height of my uber-dubdom, if some self-righteous elder wanted me to put on his special white shirt, I would have told him he could give the talk if it matters that much. I am weird about my clothes, and I surely wouldn't wear some random ill-fitting shirt that who-knows-how-many other brothers sweated all over. Gross.

But back on topic- there is one big fat narcoleptic diabetic pioneer sister. She insists on driving, runs all her errands with the group in the car (shopping, post office, etc). Then rewards herself with a big sugary coffee and donut and falls asleep at the wheel.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

Oh where do I start with all the crazies. Ok we had the cat women. Never washed and lived in absolute squalor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit