You Canadian, what's up with your judges???

by James Mixon 15 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I wonder what will be the charges in the case, South Africa-3 women kidnap and gang raped a man for 4 days.

They picke him up in BMW and ask for money, he had none and they ganged raped him.Hummmm

• zeb
    zeb

what of the wt rape in the UK where one of the elders asked the victim 'how far apart were your legs.' This was reported on BBC Radio4.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0612hjs

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

While in the UK....

The Times, Saturday 11 March 2017

Judge says drunk women must realise they are rape targets

One of Britain’s most senior female judges has begged all women to protect themselves from predatory men while drunk on nights out, as she jailed a rapist in her final case before retiring.

She delivered her impassioned speech yesterday while jailing Ricardo Rodrigues-Gomes, 19, for six years after he raped an 18-year-old woman in Manchester.

Speaking as she retired from the criminal bench, Judge Lindsey Kushner, QC, who qualified as a barrister in 1974 and was appointed a senior circuit judge in 2002, issued a stark warning:

“There is absolutely no excuse and a woman can do with her body what she wants and a man will have to adjust his behaviour accordingly.

But as a woman judge I think it would be remiss of me if I didn’t mention one or two things.

I don’t think it’s wrong for a judge to beg women to take actions to protect themselves.

That must not put responsibility on them rather than the perpetrator.

How I see it is burglars are out there and nobody says burglars are OK, but we do say, ‘Please don’t leave your back door open at night, take steps to protect yourselves.

Girls are perfectly entitled to drink themselves into the ground but should be aware that people who are potential defendants to rape gravitate towards girls who have been drinking.

It should not be like that but it does happen and we see it time and time again.

They do it because first, a girl who is drunk is more likely to agree as they are more disinhibited — even if they don’t agree they are less likely to fight off a man with evil intentions.

Even if they manage to have their way with a girl or woman without her consent the likelihood is she will be less likely to report it because she was drunk or cannot remember what happened or feels ashamed to deal with it, or — if push comes to shove — a girl who has been drunk is less likely to be believed than one who is sober at the time.

I beg girls and women to have this in mind.

They are entitled to do what they like but please be aware there are men out there who gravitate towards a woman who might be more vulnerable than others.

That’s my final line, in my final criminal trial, and my final sentence.”

READ MORE: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/judge-says-drunk-women-must-realise-they-are-rape-targets-gqdt8sj5c

READ MORE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/10/women-get-drunk-must-protect-against-rapists-judge-says/

READ MORE: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/ricardo-gomes-rape-judge-jailed-12724066

• pbrow
    pbrow

I suppose the uk judge chose a good time to talk about personal responsibility in the world in which we live. Seems like a common sense. Good for her

pbrow

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Why couldn't you just keep your knees together?"

• pbrow
    pbrow

This evil african-canadian judge also told the male...

"You've got to be very sure that the girl wants you to do it. Please tell your friends so that they don't upset women and so that they don't get into trouble. We're far more protective of women — young women and older women — than we used to be and that's the way it should be."

Clearly this was not a cut and dry rape case as indicated by the 2nd acquittal.

Fuck both of these drunk idiots who go to a house party and want to get it on.

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit