Serena Williams after marrying rich baby daddy: I am a Jehovah's Witness

by Wild_Thing 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Hisclarkness
    Hisclarkness

Lost in the fog,

there is another vogue article about a month or so old. Vogue had exclusive rights to cover serena’s Wedding. It is in this interview where she talks about being raised a witness but never taking it too seriously.

I apologize for not providing the link. Perhaps someone else could find it. It was either November or December.

• Hisclarkness
    Hisclarkness

Update:

i apologize. It wasn’t the vogue article. It was an Enews article back in August! Here is the link:

http://m.eonline.com/amp/news/874837/inside-serena-williams-and-alexis-ohanian-s-unique-world-how-the-couple-are-getting-ready-for-baby-making-it-work-long-distance

Here’s the direct quote:

"Being a Jehovah's Witness is important to me, but I've never really practiced it and have been wanting to get into it. Alexis didn't grow up going to any church, but he's really receptive and even takes the lead. He puts my needs first."

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I found it! Here is the link if anyone else wants to read it. https://www.vogue.com/article/serena-williams-pregnancy-vogue-september-issue-2017

I read it and cringed. It sounds like she might want to go hard core now and is trying to convert her muslim-raised husband. She actually used a JW phrase that made me want to throw up a little bit ... "takes the lead"!

Talking about her (then) fiancee, Alexis Ohanian:

“He’s extremely smart but not a know-it-all. He’s curious about what he doesn’t know. Being a Jehovah’s Witness is important to me, but I’ve never really practiced it and have been wanting to get into it. Alexis didn’t grow up going to any church, but he’s really receptive and even takes the lead. He puts my needs first.”
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    You beat me to it, hisclarkness! Same quote, but different article. :)
  • HanSolo
    HanSolo

Serena was at the Regional Convention in Creil, France in 2014. A sister there told me that she studied with her whenever she was in France.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Serena and Venus saying they are Dubs is equivalent to the question a hospital will ask, What is your religious affiliation, the answer is whatever religion your parents were born or the last religious meeting you attended, be it ten or twenty years ago.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

Wild Thing:

Her husband was born to an Armenian refugee family. They are not likely Muslim if I remember history right.

OP:

Serena's financial worth is probably 10 times that of her husband.

Everybody: everything she said in relation to her faith is terribly sad for her. She is mostly POMI which is probably a horrible mindset to have: believing you know the truth but have never lived it and are unworthy so far. PIMO may have their imprisonment, but their minds are free. She wants to be in the prison with a closed mind.

No hope..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit