Serena Williams after marrying rich baby daddy: I am a Jehovah's Witness

by Wild_Thing 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

There has always been this grey area with people who associate ( and sometimes self identify as JWs ) but never get baptised.

This.

I lost count of how many times, years ago, while out in field serve-us, I'd start my presentation and the householder would say "Oh, hey, I'm a JW too!"

"Hey great! What congregation do you go to?"

[Blank stare]

Turns out they attended meetings back in the 60's and hadn't been near a Kingdom Hall in decades, but they still believe "it's the truth" and self-identify as JWs.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

and why shouldnt they ? most in the UK --if asked--mumble C of E--even though probably never been to church in their life.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if you think about it--if an individual decides to label themselves "jehovah's witness"--in spite of never attending a hall--or assembly---never door knocking or reading any watchtower literature---theres nothing to stop them. sure--the watchtower may announce that ( so n so) is not one of J's w's---so what ?

if i tell all and sundry that i'm a jw --why shouldnt they believe me ? no one going to be following me around telling them i'm not.

so--in the case of ms Williams-------i'm sure the watchtowers lawyers have thought long and hard about refuting her claims.----and kept shtoom.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Dozy = I believe MJ was DFed.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

He DA'ed over thriller video. So I heard.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@ Dozy. i'm not sure if Cliff Richard was ever thought of as a dub--or even claimed to be one. i think his mother was; i know 2 of the Shadows are / were--liquorice Locking and Hank Marvin.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Sure she stands up when they play the national anthem in the tennis tournaments. Never understood how she could claim to be a JW.

• Lost in the fog
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

Lost in the fog: The Vogue interview is dated this week.

And does it mention anything about JWs??

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    hisclarkness: "i believe it was from the vogue interview that specifically covered her wedding a month or so ago where she made the statement about being raised but never getting serious about it."

Thanks, hisclarkness! I'll look it up. I was wondering if she recently starting suffering from new parent guilt. I have seen several people do that. They have a baby and then all of the decide, they feel like they need to decide on a religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit