I Look Death in the Eye

by COMF 25 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Comf,

WOW! That scared the hell out of me! Let alone how it affected you! Man, I'm glad you got through it.

TR

"cults suck"

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Comf,

MAN! Very well written and expressed. Hope you do not have to go through something like that again.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

COMF,

I'm very glad you're still with us.

Here's a little something to wish you a continued recovery:

I thought a nosegay would somehow be fitting.

Ginny

• Julie
    Julie

Hi Comf,

Disturbing tale. Are not hospitals the most dehumanizing places on earth? Horrifying isn't it?

I want to mention two things to you Cap'n. One, been there on the I-think-I-am-bleeding-to-death business. I nearly did and boy I had a few revelations of my own. I can fully understand yours.

Another item worthy of mention, but on a bit of a lighter note, when I went to have my 2nd child it was a planned c-section, unlike the first which was an emergency situation I wanted to avoid the second time through. Since it was all planned one would expect a smooth situation. As I was in my room being prepped for surgery the nurse seemed a bit unsure as to the order of which she should do things. I didn't like that but tried to keep a good humour. Though I was a bit alarmed when she asked "do you want me to shave you first or put your catheter in first?" I paused a moment and answered, "surprise me".

Fortunately someone who knew what they were doing came along but still, my confidence had been shaken.

Glad you made it--
    Julie

• trevor
    trevor

Comf,

Glad your well again - that was quite a scare. Thanks for sharing that,
    it makes us realize that the only reality is the present. I am 46 in 2 weeks.
    I got a lot of living still to do - I hope!

Trevor

' Were it not folly, Spider-like to spin
    The Thread of present Life to win-
    What? for ourselvs, who know not if we shall
    Breath out the very Breath we now breath in!'

Omar Khayya'm

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Comf, Your sharing your experience drew us in to the clarity of it all . I wonder if your jotting it down here was an attempt to keep hold of the intensity of the insights you captured just briefly? We all live precariously and yet we carry on as if all the unimportant things really matter. I've had glimpses of the reality, like when David's father died. A wonderful person was no more. For a brief moment everything seemed meaningless. Yet life went on and I quickly forgot. We pause just briefly and then we mentally gather up our emotional baggage and continued carrying its heavy burden where ever we go. It's almost uncanny the way we forget the important things prefering to endulge ourselves in pointless, often self created problems as if we will be around forever and have time for petty hatred and intolerance. If only we could get hold of the important things and keep hold of them for a bit longer than the duration of our threatened existence's .............

Many thanx for the reminder,
    Marilyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit