Former Elder insights on recent Child Abuse Cases & changes in the Org

by cha ching 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cha ching
    cha ching

This former elder, was briefly featured on PBS segment about child abuse among Jehovah's Witnesses. In this YouTube interview, he is asked about some of his experiences in the org from 1971 to the present.

At about 16:10 he starts telling his story about his involvement with Trey Bundy, and how he got to know Jonathan Kendrick, from the Candace Conti case.

For some reason, this video is starting 15 minutes in, and I can't get the link to start at zero.... you can always rewind ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqEMkxHTj4w

• flipper
    flipper

CHA CHING- Thanks for posting this. Great interview with this elder . This particular guy happens to be a friend of mine as you might know- and he handled himself with dignity, courage, and valor as good or better than anybody else who would have been faced with the incredibly difficult task of staring down a man eating criminal organization like the WT Society. I'm very proud of this elder. Proud to call him a friend. These challenges remind me very much of what Lea Remini and Mike Rinder went through in trying to expose criminal behavior within Scientology.

What happens is when these huge fake religious corporations like Scientology & JW's feel threatened it becomes , " deny, deny, deny." And then people like this elder who try to expose criminal behavior get blamed and ostracized by the very elders he served with which is like a hit to his stomach as these were the same guys that USED to speak the truth to him for 30 years. It's very tough to see as an EX-JW people we formerly used to respect - other JW's or elders - lying to protect the criminal policies of the WT Society . I've experienced seeing unethical behavior within my own extended JW family and it certainly opens your eyes to TTATT.

Sometimes when we try to do right and stand up on the behalf of child abuse victims, or others who have been betrayed by the WT organization- and we get negative feedback from JW's we once knew- it seems like " no good deed goes unpunished " .

But that's not what's really happening. Many JW's within the WT organization are essentially mentally ill. Basically they are under mind control to be enslaved to thought processes that will not allow them to speak against the WT Society leaders. I would venture to say - that if Governing Body members were exposed in the media for practicing child abuse, murder , extortion, or fraud - many current JW's would dismiss the media news as " false " , " lies " , or as " media inspired by Satan the Devil " . These people are controlled through FEAR and GUILT to support Scientology or Jehovah's Witnesses views - no matter what. They are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome whereby they are taught to support and identify, even SYMPATHIZE with their captors - the Governing Body of the WT Society. WT leaders are people like the old expression of "misery loves company" - so WT leaders drag down every single JW with them into an unethical mire full of pig shit.

The silver lining to the cloud is people like this former elder on the video exposing this WT corruption. Any one of us as EX-JW's can be proactive in our exposing the WT Society for what it truly is- a criminal organization abusing children, murdering people with their no blood transfusion policy, and splitting families up with their shunning practices. Being agnostic as I am - I don't feel a " God " will do anything against the WT Society. But I feel the WT Society may eventually push their luck too much and bad Karma may bite them in the behind with governments shutting them down, or criminal indictments against them for fraud, child abuse at the top of the organization. I mean- look what's happening in Russia. It's high time that unethical organizations like Scientology & Jehovah's Witnesses get exposed and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We have enough abuse of power in the United States as it is.

Congrats on a great video and if more folks keep doing what this former elder is doing in exposing this criminal cult - more people will be informed about how to break free in their lives and in their minds

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Great interview!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yes just seen it and highly recommend it.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Flipper, thanks for writing such an articulate review, you are such a warm hearted guy who, unlike the WT, cares about people. What more can I say, you have put all of our feelings into words.

We all would like to know what " goes on behind closed doors" in a court case, and now we have a chance to peek behind the curtain with this interview.

Our thanks to all who support the courageous who have left, and spoken out. Thanks to "ExJW the Fifth" and others like him who take the time out of their lives to do all of this hard work to make this possible

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I love this YouTuber! Apparently he used to be a member here. I love his interview style he really feels for the subject, listens and let's his interviewee speak without interupption, very professional.

Isn't is interesting that the lawyers are in the weekly so-called 'spiritual'neetings of the GovBod?!!

Also horrible that they didn't DF for some regular, run of the mill sin but " speaking abusively of the glorious ones" glorious ones *supposedly* being elders LoL but really we all know it's the leaders at Watchtower HQ

He also mentions st. Stephen as he is known to many religions. A figure I have a complex relationship with. He used to be my hero in a way, I still cry if I see anything featuring him - film/video/bible reading etc Its so sad he WAS incredibly truthful and ethical BUT,and here's the rub, are not the jihadi Muslims just like Stephen, faithful unto death? WAS Stephen actually a fanatic, in truth?

Anyway, maybe a subject for another post but this elder WAS truthful, honest and ethical unto Watchtower death and I have enormous respect for him.

Thanks for posting!!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This video was well worth the time to watch.

I appreciate this former elder pointing out the hypocrisy of Jehovah's Witnesses. Witnesses ask people to question their religion and do research, but forbid doing the same of their own religion.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Yes, Diogenesister, "we" expect the GB to live up to Bible standards, and it is disappointing to see the G.O.D team as just a cog in a corporate machine wheel. Thank you! Imagine the "active JW audience" trying to reconcile this in their brains!

I agree truth_b_known, it is a good question to ask, and we hope it stirs people to think, "Why can't I do the same thing I ask others to do?"

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

WOW, thank you for posting this interview, which i just happened to see this morning on a You tube cruise.

These are the kind of people I wanted to be friends with, and was looking for, when i joined the JWs in '85. Roger really listened to his conscience and stuck to what is right, without worrying about what the fallout would be. Children FIRST! Conscientious people put children first!

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit