Hosting a Joyful Birthday Party

by Prester John 16 Replies latest social family

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Even as devout JW's we always acknowledged our kids birthdays. It just seems the right thing to do. We're glad they were born. We're glad they are progressing well in every aspect of life (from infant to HS to college, etc). Now that we have "faded" we don't do anything much different. We esp have acknowledged those milestone birthdays. (OMG how did those babies ever get to be 30?) Just no extravaganzas to put us on the radar.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

The only birthdays I celebrate are my nieces. They are teens now and never known the cult. My birthday is only used in getting my DL and Scripts.

• Prester John
    Prester John

So we had my son's party yesterday and a great time was had by all. The stars did not fall from the sky and the earth is still spinning on its axis, from what I can tell.

Thanks for your comments.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

@Prester John:

You mean to tell us that he didn't request a hanging or a beheading?

• Prester John
    Prester John

@ Tate

Ha, those things will come when news eventually seeps out to a few in my family who are PIMI.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So we had my son's party yesterday and a great time was had by all

I think that sentence sums it up beautifully , good for your family and your son especially.

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

Birthdays were the first thing I celebrated at college as I faded. I learnt that it is about celebrating the birthday persons years alive and giving them a lovely day whatever their age. With kidsid suggest going to 1 or 2 parties of classmates and chatting to other mums especially if you go to a good one. Ifi like a venue I book it for the next year. Expect it to feel odd but feelings are not truth just feelings, it gets easier. Remember for most people they are simply continuing to do things as their parents did for them. You are starting from scratch skit takes a while to learn what works. Keep it simple not too many kids, finger food and we find using a venue that does it all for you helps so you just send out invites then turn up with a cake. I would also suggest pick a theme or activity your child really likes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit