Hosting a Joyful Birthday Party

by Prester John 16 Replies latest social family

• Prester John
    Prester John

So after many years of being PIMO, me and the wife have decided to start celebrating our sons' birthdays. Next week is the first birthday party that we’re going to do, our eldest, aged 7.

And although I'm so looking forward to it, I feel slightly guilty and uneasy at the same time. A step into the unknown. Has anybody else been in this situation? How do you overcome the hang ups and simply have a wonderful time?

• stillin
    stillin

It will be fun. Kid stuff. You will have as much or more fun than the kids will!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Recognition is one of the basic needs of humans, so birthday parties are healthy and beneficial for kids. It helps their development in many different ways, so you are being a great parent!

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I been there.

Emerse yourself! Do fun stuff! If the thought of a table spread party hats is too much then take ya boy out for the day and then out for dinner at his favourite place. Get that birtday cake going!

And enjoy yourself! By the time youve done a few of these you will be a pro! Trust me.

Oh and happy birthday to your son.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Just think of the three kings / wise men whatever that celebrated the birth of Jesus and then don`t think about it anymore.

Your wife and child especially will have a wonderful time and so will you ,don`t let WT crap spoil your sons day ,

just enjoy yourselves.

And a Happy birthday to your son from smiddy in Australia.

• Biahi
    Biahi

My grandson chooses his theme each year, last year was Thomas the Train, this year was Octonauts. We get the table decorations, balloons, etc. then cake and candles after a meal, not too fancy, but fun. Last year he looked at the decorated table and balloons and he said, “Birthdays are awesome.” 😀❤️

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

How can you possibly enjoy a birthday party when John the Baptist lost his head at one?

• tiki
    tiki

Cool!!! Have a great time watching happy kids!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

In case someone didn't note the sarcasm, enjoy your son's party to the max Prester

• blondie
    blondie

When I left I was an adult, I had noticed something about the non-jws in my husband's family and at work, many did not seem to think that birthday celebrations for adults were that big a thing. Just a card was sent. No special meals or decorations. We tried doing that for ourselves and it did not seem to have the joyous effect we expected. For children, though, I can see the excitement they have and as an adult I can share in that. My husband and I kid around when we see something they would like and get it for them, "that's your birthday present" or "that's your Christmas present" "or that's your anniversary gift."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit