Hello - New Member

by NotAnointed 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Saename
    Saename

Hello there. Glad to have a new member here. By the way, it's kind of weird to see you refer to Jehovah's Witnesses as "the truth" since you have never been a Jehovah's Witness yourself. Sort of interesting. Maybe became a habit because of your wife?

When it comes to atheism... You'll be surprised to see that many of the atheists on this forum don't believe in god anymore because some of them have considered all evidence for and against god, including history of Christianity, which was triggered by their urge to first learn about their own faith. From there, it usually spreads to learning about mainstream Christianity as well, sometimes even other religions.

I personally first started learning about my own religion (which now I usually call a cult), and then I began to study the history of Christianity from its very beginning. The reason why I don't believe in god anymore isn't because of Jehovah's Witnesses. It's because of what I learned about Jesus and the first Christians from the historical point of view and how it agrees or disagrees with the Bible.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I am saddened that some on this forum have lost their belief in God due to their proir association with this false religion.

Welcomed. Most of us have lost belief in God, because we've come to realize that there isn't a shred of evidence that God exists. Yes you could say that escaping from that cult, has made us be very cautious about believing in things for which there is no evidence.

• Saename
    Saename
    redvip2000 - Yes you could say that escaping from that cult, has made us be very cautious about believing in things for which there is no evidence.

Perfect way of putting it. My experience with Jehovah's Witnesses has taught me to go where the evidence leads me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome~! Glad you are here! . . . . . Doc

• millie210
    millie210

Hey and welcome!

• DJS
    DJS

Welcome noob!!! And please, we don't 'convert' to atheism and we don't become atheists because of our experience with the DarkTower as if it were an emotional response to being jilted by the goddess.

It's about the evidence, or lack thereof, for a creator. How many times do we have to keep saying this? Stop projecting. Please. Big smiley.

But welcome! Hopefully soon you can bring along wifey, and that would be most excellent.

• dothemath
    dothemath

Welcome to the forum, and I'm pleased to hear from the perspective of someone who still has faith in God. I think most here have had such negative influences from the Org, that we've mostly turned our backs on all Christianity.

I personally find it impossible to believe the whole Genesis account, so I guess I'm an agnostic?

I'm sure you will benefit from all the insight of JW's you will get here to maybe help in dealing with your family.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Many of us on the forum do still believe in God and Christ, though not in the WT version of Christianity.

I hope you will be open to a recommendation -- please stop referring to the WT religion as "the truth."

That's cult lingo the WT uses as part of its indoctrination and thought control.

If your wife uses that expression, don't argue with her, but I think it's best not to reinforce the concept by using the expression yourself.

• jaydee
    jaydee

Hi there. ... nice to meet ya ..

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2Wr3XydtMLYj2MWLA_-VjzFX6mwbLhbUpP6YzZaZoZmpX_AExPw
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Welcome!

As an non-practicing atheist, I weep into my pillow that you cling to your imaginary invisible friends. I will pray for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit