New and Needing Friends

by Sawaveh 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sawaveh
    Sawaveh
    Hi. I'm just going to say my name is Sawaveh. I'm looking for some JW friend's. I live in WA, Moses Lake, USA. Maybe we can be pen-pals?
  • stillin
    stillin

Your best bet is to go to a Kingdom Hall if that's what you want.

Do you know what an oxymoron is? You gave a good example of one when you said "JW friends."

• Sawaveh
    Sawaveh

I don't understand the oxymoron :-/

I'm too shy to go to a kingdom hall meeting.

I read jw.org may times throughout the day,

I suppose I'm more spiritual rather than religious.

However: can I be considered a Jehovah's Witness if I don't attend Kingdom Hall Meetings?

If I can't, maybe I should go to them!

• stillin
    stillin

Sawaveh, how do you come to select JW's to find a friend?

is it those pleasant, clean friendly people who come to your door sometimes or do you personally know some?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Sweetie, we are former Jehovah's Witnesses, we used to believe but we found out the Watchtower lied about many things. I can tell you that you cannot be a Jehovah's Witness if you do not go to the Kingdom Hall and attend two meetings a week, 2 hours each meeting, and go out in the door to door work for ten hours each month. You must give up Christmas, birthdays, all you non,JW friends, voting, higher education, and thinking for yourself.

You could call the Kingdom Hall and they would send someone to study the bible with you, but be aware this is a cult, they believe all of mankind will die soon at Armageddon, except for them. They practice shunning if you become a JW but later decide to leave, all your family and friends will not talk to you if you choose to vote or celebrate Christmas, or say you don't believe the men who are in charge are being directed by God. I think you would be better off going with a more mainstream religion.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

What LisaRose said.

Stay away from them!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Another example of the societies use of the Internet backfiring!

Someone goes to the official site, then in a just a few clicks, finds themselves on a another site like this one....

• Sawaveh
    Sawaveh
    I just feel as if JW's are the "right choice." I used to be Roman Catholic and it was great...however it was lacking something. When I have a JW mindset, my mental health problems decrease which is a miracle. That's why I know JW are the right one's for me. I'm going this next Sunday, tomorrow, if they don't like me then tough peas. I'll go back to being a Roman Catholic or a United Methodist, or something else. Also I plan to become a psychologists one day ;)
  • stillin
    stillin
    I converted from Catholicism to the JW faith long ago. Shooting down my Catholic beliefs was like shooting fish in a barrel for the Witnesses. But the all-or-nothing conversion is very cultish and I didn't pick up on it for many wasted years
  • Sawaveh
    Sawaveh
    feel free to email me at [email protected] if you'd like to talk about anything. I like talking on theses forums too, but email could be a little more personal...I suppose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit