Did Ray Franz Help You To Get Out of “The Truth”?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Ray did what no other source could do -- gave a firsthand account of what was really going on behind the scenes at the GB.

Everyone else could speculate, but Ray pulled back the curtain.

• minimus
    minimus

Nathan , I take it you are not a fan of Ray.! He wasn’t perfect (like us) but I think he was a wonderful example of someone who courageously left it all because he couldn’t be a hypocrite

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I was at a fairground together with some other JW and had a discussion at a booth of Christian missionaries there. In our discussion they pointed to Ray Franz and also the some tapes. I tried to find it and it was years later that I read CoC secretly in a public library. Later I ordered the book online and also the tapes from freeminds.

• em1913
    em1913

I first heard of Ray Franz when I saw a piece about his expulsion in "Time" magazine in 1982. I hadn't been in long at that point, so of course I discounted everything he had to say in that interview, but it did plant a seed that, perhaps, things in Brooklyn weren't as spirit-begotten as I'd been led to believe. I left of my own accord six years later, and never really thought aboit Ray Franz again until 1996, when I first ran into Randy Watters' website and saw an article about "The Franz Incident." That piqued my interest, amnd when I finally did read CofC I developed great respect for the man, What would really be interesting is for someone to write a modern-day CofC. All I know about the current GB bunch is what I read here, and it sounds like someone really needs to do a definitive insider expose for the "2.0" generation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit