Prophecy question as hysteria sets in

by Isambard Crater 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

A load of J.W's in my family and the Congregation I attend as a PIMO have been saying the end is VERY close because the Anglo American World Superpower is clearly still the King Of The South, and Russia is now clearly King Of The North due to persecuting and banning the religion there and seizing property.

I've forgot what the religion used to teach and maybe still does, about the timing of all this King of North + south stuff, the attack on all religion by the U.N and then the attack on J.W's who will be left standing. I mean, I thought Jehovah was going to put it into the U.N's minds to ban or attack all other religions, THEN the attack on J.W's, but Witnesses seem to think the end is so, so close because Russia has banned them.

It's sad, as some Dubs I know have sold their homes and made other big decisions so they can pioneer in these 'very last of the last days'.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

The king of the north was Antiochus. There's no basis for a second fulfilment of this prophecy. JWs are one of the only religions who even believe this to be the case, most are sensible enough to know that this prophecy was about events that may or may not have happened more than 2000 years ago. Tell your family and congregation that no, the book of Daniel isn't about them, if you think their little JW egos can handle it.

They're correct in one sense though, these are the last days, for the JW religion that is.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

First it was Nazi Germany then the Soviet Union and they didn't know because of the fall of Soviet Union. What the Wt. is good at is making up delusional bull s__t. So why not Russia. They do live pretty far north. Lol. Still Totally ADD

• zeb
    zeb

"'very last of the last days'".. and when it doesn't happen and the people are broke and on the streets the wt will

deny they said anything of the sort and as with "Stay alive till '75" they will say some people read more into it than we ever said.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Seeing as the Bible Book of Daniel from our point of view is a Fraud, pretending to be written in the 6th Century BCE when in fact written just before 164 BCE, why should we take any notice of it at all.

Admittedly it is an interesting Artifact, written in the way that it was, its Apocalyptic style, and so that the writer was anonymous, pretending to prophesy events that had already occurred. The audience the writer was addressing would have been familiar with the genre and its techniques, and got all the references to Antiochus 1V. etc.

None of the Bible is prophetic for our day, or the future. All the writers had a much shorter purview.

JW's and other groups, various Evangelical Christians etc, who view the Bible as predicting events for our day or the near future only show their ignorance of their own holy book.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Was the book of Daniel pretending to be written in the 6th century BC or was it simply about the 6th century BC? There's an important distinction to be made. If I were to write a book about a fictional prophet in the 17th century who predicted events in our day, I wouldn't necessarily need to pretend that the book itself was written back then as well.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

The end is so near! "Wash, rinse, repeat" every year

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Oh the economic meltdown that caused many brothers to get laid off surely was a sign the end is so close. Well the economy has been steadily improving. These poor saps are always looking for something to validate their misguided delusions.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The "End Times" or "Last Days" is used as a marketing gimmick/strategy the WTS propagates to create alluring attention to the literature it publishes and to enhance the continuing proliferation of that literature.

The WTS is very much a fear mongering religious publishing house.

Unfortunately it works because people have a staid basic belief in the bible as words written by the mouth of god, rather in fact written by ancients who told stories to create power and relevance to their specific god(s)

Ironically the WTS has been propagating the Last Days since 1874 through its many pieces of literature, there are always gullible, ignorant and naive to exploit and the leaders of the WTS know that.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    It's sad, as some Dubs I know have sold their homes and made other big decisions so they can pioneer in these 'very last of the last days'.
    OMG, unbelievable this is still happening on the edge of 2018! Cultish indoctrination to the fullest and how incredibly sad some JW's are still falling for this crap
    Haven't they learned something from the past and how it's repeating itself?

Hello??? 1975 anyone???

“Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.” Kingdom Ministry May 1974 p.3 How Are You Using Your Life?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit