Differences, on average, between men and women

by LoveUniHateExams 25 Replies latest social current

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Some of these things are averages, but I can tell you for a fact that no woman, especially when I was actively training, could come close to my endurance level, not even close…. So I have to call bullshit on that.

Swimming…, never cared for it and I would imagine that a woman who trained and had a higher body fat percentage and buoyancy would ultimately win in any swimming event.

DD

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Several instances in which all the male competitors in an ultra long distance event were beaten by a woman - often by a wide margin.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/transcontinental-race-champion-fiona-kolbinger-posts-exhausting-430km-ride-across-three-countries-in-14-hours-to-strava

Jasmin Paris: First woman to win Spine Race – interview (redbull.com)

238 Miles On Foot: Courtney Dauwalter Wins Moab Ultra | GearJunkie

There is endurance and then there is endurance!

When events are staged over those distances, and in those conditions, it starts to become a more level playing field between men and women.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Here's another difference which I forgot to put on my list: the male and female gametes are radically different.

Eggs and sperm differ not just in size but in value. One egg cell is more valuable than one sperm cell.

Let me explain why:

Women typically release one egg per month for about 30 years - the total number of viable eggs in a woman reach into the hundreds over her lifetime. But men are different. A typical man releases millions of sperm cells each time he ejaculates. And, men are typically fertile from puberty until when they die (e.g. 70-odd years old). So, a sensible conclusion would be to say that each egg is more precious than each sperm cell.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

What about these women? Are they stronger than the AVERAGE MAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL7m4Jk_0ko

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No. They aren’t. I know dudes with beer guts who can lift more. Take a man the same height/weight/age as any of these women and put them in the same program and they will lift double the amount of weight.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The fact that women are finally beating men in some events shows how rare it is. It’s not sexism, it’s biology. I predict those endurance victories/records won’t hold up as the winners are most likely anomalies.

There’s still no women Navy Seals by the way. Something to think about.

DD

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

The fact that women are “finally” beating men in those extreme endurance contests is more likely to have more to do with the fact that by far the majority of the contestants are men.

With the elite military forces (Navy Seals, British SAS, and similar), the selection processes are as much about physical strength as anything else. For example, potential SAS recruits are set off on a forced march through the Brecon Beacons, whilst loaded down with 100 kg of equipment (ie 220 pounds, which is considered a fair load for a mule or packhorse). The time limit imposed necessitates that they maintain at least a slow run over the entire distance. It is easily explained why no women soldiers have ever passed the SAS selection process, and it is all about strength, not stamina.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

“The fact that women are “finally” beating men in those extreme endurance contests is more likely to have more to do with the fact that by far the majority of the contestants are men.”

I doubt it. Women aren’t dominating any other sport just because they’ve finally got a chance to compete, even if there are some anomalies. I guess if Men were to lose interests in competing in all Sports then women would begin to dominate…

The only “women” dominating are Trans-women and they aren’t dominating Men’s sports, but Women’s.

DD

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

We aren’t here talking about “any other sport”. Rather, we are talking about the more extreme ultra distance events, often held in extreme conditions (for example, the Spine race in England is as much a survival contest as it is an athletic event).

The longer the distances covered by these extreme ultra events, the more level the playing field becomes between men and women - and also more “anomalies” there are that start to appear.

THAT is something to ponder about.

(Jasmin Paris’s time for the Spine race has only ever been bettered by one other person, and not by very much).

• Simon
    Simon
    What about these women? Are they stronger than the AVERAGE MAN

Which proves that men are stronger. Because you need the strongest women to beat average men ... and the strongest men will be way stronger than the strongest woman.

Look at the records in power events (being sure to exclude women's results where the competitor was really a man).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit