Why is it ok for witnesses to go to Church backed hospitals?

by stuckinarut2 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.............................Should Sophia use WatchTower Coins..

.....................................For WatchTower Donations?..

..........................http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XKMp1Y3iyMdbUypnVV5nBrvQJANR6pYx21tdNS3fqg8IJz6qDReRITwV3ETgnWpAwEkvZ4l4a7ZKwLQzAUlYUR69

http://41.media.tumblr.com/4bfe28548164af699232c1cbd1c4db28/tumblr_n9sb4qEBd21s865f6o1_500.jpg

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Imagine the situation in which JW parents -under the advise of their local body of elders and only after the elders had contacted the Service Department at Watchtower headquarters for instruction- were told NOT to take their sick and dying child to the only hospital in the area because it was church-backed.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovah`s Witnesses will be brought before a J.C.if they perform work of any nature, if they are self employed on any Church or religious institution .

Jehovah`s Witnesses , who are self employed and perform work of any nature that is considered working /advancing the interests of false religious organizations are to be counselled in the first instance and if they pursue this course are to be disciplined.

I personally knew a self employed sign writer who was engaged by a Butcher to put Xmas greetings on his window and he was counselled for doing so.

Another had a job doing some work at a Catholic Church and he was racked over the coals for aiding and abetting false religion.

Yet they find nothing wrong with taking advantage of Church funded hospitals ? and Medical Centers ?

And of course the find nothing wrong with taking Blood Fractions ( that are actually derived from whole Blood ){ that other people donate} and , on the other hand making a big deal about refusing Blood transfusions that they have only done so since the 1940`s. as a man made doctrine imposed on their members , and not a Biblical injunction.

If they take Blood fractions from donated blood from people of the world ,who the say are lying in the power of the wicked one ,Satan the Devil why don`t they donate blood themselves, Jehovah`s Witnesses , who are not tainted by Satan the Devil. and derive fractions from those donors.?

Which goes against their beliefs anyway" Blood should be poured out on the ground and not be used for anything."

You could be Disfellwshipped for using Blood And Bone in your garden as fertilizer .

smiddy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Yes, the ludicrous contradictions are mind boggling!
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yes hypocritical stance that the wtbts takes on so many issues is what drove me 'out' of the borg.

Dubs will accept blood "fractions" (wink, wink), to save their life, from the donated blood of worldlings, but will not donate blood that could possibly save another's life!

They accept and even demand all kinds of government aid,(welfare, unemployment, disability, social services, etc.) but criticize the 'worldly' governments as satan's tool! lol

They demand religious freedom but do not practice it inside the borg!

They practice little to no charity work and frown on those dubs that dare volunteer to help in a soup kitchen,beach clean up, or animal rescue when they should be out in service! lol

No birthdays because that heaps too much praise on an individual but wedding anniversary parties are great fun! lol

Get out of Babylon the Great but it's ok to be a NGO in the UN.

Anyone else want to add to the list?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Just as a side note on "giving" blood. When a jw goes to a doctor's office, medical lab, or hospital to have several vials of blood drawn/taken for the purpose of testing for diseases or other certain medical conditions, isn't that "donating" blood? It's certainly not being 'poured out' on the ground!

Isn't that blood being used to prolong a persons life?

Hypocritical!

I've asked my 'still-in' lovely wife this question many times.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Hecce
    Hecce

KM 4/08 under Question Box considers this matter and is basically a personal decision. Can't post the information, I am not that good at this.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Nice points eyeused2beadub!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "Why is it OK for Witnesses to go to Church-backed hospitals?"

Because there's regular, average, garden-variety stupid...

...and there's epic, mind-blowing, Here-Comes-Honey-Boo-Boo-roadkill-eating stupid.

x

I don't think even the WT leadership would (dare) be idiotic enough to deny the R&F necessary health care to that extreme degree.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    JW mom was at st Joe's in Washington state taking instruction from a JW nurse about the 10+ page blood refusal contract that was required to refuse blood for a planned procedure. Nurse was hired to do the blood Liason work, from my understanding. I attended with her. Took a long time. JW mom and aunt in a Catholic run hospital getting operation by a gay Dr. I kid yo not. No one questioned Babylon but she was given a lot of direction about how her bible trained conscience should feel and respond to her options.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit