JW Response to COVID

by optimisticskeptic 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• optimisticskeptic
    optimisticskeptic

I've been meaning to get back to this thread. Like usual the thread his verged into conspiracies and vitriol.

Back to the original topic of how the GB have handled this. Besides the first video, Covid rhetoric had generally been tame or very complaint with secular laws and standards. There's been constant instruction to adhere to CDC guidelines, listening to local authorities and being sensitive to local circumstances. There has also been the very rare sharing of directions from secular sources on how to remain safe.

But I sense that the GB don't want people to get too complacent because the word is spreading that during CO visits there's lots of admonition about this being preparation for future events. Loyalty to direction and the org. Personally the last bit doesn't bother me at all because what idiot isn't wearing a mask in public places, washing hands thoroughly, avoiding large public gatherings, and socially distancing whenever possible? It blows my mind how many people must not be doing this because there are letters every two weeks reminding people how to do all of these things. And how important it all is.

Anyways, my ultimate point is the same. All of the actions from the GB seem to indicate they don't think this is the end and are actively trying not to encourage this thinking within the rank and file. Which good on them I guess. It just strikes me as highly ironic. Depending how long all this goes I do wonder if the message will continue of veer towards more fear mongering to keep people motivated and not lose everyone when/if meetings ever come back.

• Vanderhoven7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit