NEW YORK'S WHERE I'D RATHER STAY, I GET ALLERGIC SMELLING HAY

by TresHappy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I am making my first trip to Manhattan in October. I'll be in Manhattan on my birthday. I am so excited. New York Here I Come!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

along with Paris and London - NYC makes up the top three cities in the world --if we are looking top 4 -- add Sydney

• talesin
    talesin

are you gonna take in a show?

radio city, the guggenheim, MOMA, times square, .....

I AM SO JEALOUS!

have a great time, treshappy, and be careful

tal

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

We're staying Jersey side, because my friend doesn't want to drive in Manhattan. Definitely going to the MMOA (closed on Monday), Empire State Building, Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island (the crown's closed though) and my friend wants to see St. Patrick's Cathedral. I'll have 3 1/2 days there, so any ideas would be really helpful.

• maxwell
    maxwell

I love the city also. Last time I was in New York, I was on a tour bus and we were visiting Bethel. My wife and I will be visiting this November. I'm looking forward to this trip. It will be her first trip there and virtually my first trip there since the last time I was confined to a tour bus and we visited none of the NYC sites. The bus stopped in front of the United Nations building for a few minutes, and we took a swing up through Harlem and road past the Apollo theater. We stopped at some harbor market for a little longer and bought t-shirts from street vendors, but the trip really didn't do NYC justice. So I'm looking forward to this trip and being able to do what I wish. Visit a jazz club, go to a museum, ride the subway wherever I want, etc. I may move there one day.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Take the Staten Island ferry -- it is free anyway. Also the UN building is worth a visit -- and Times Square -- also Chinatown at night -- some real cheap and good food there. From Ground Zero it is 2 to 3 minutes maximum walk to Wall Street - NYC what a place

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Don't forget about all those wonderful sights you can see in Jersey. Like...........oh wait........

Nevermind!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Have a great time TH! Oh, and stop by 25 Columbia Heights and blow the boys a big kiss for me.

• talesin
    talesin

I haven't been to the Big Apple in many years, but here's a suggestion.

If you're interested in live music, get a copy of the Village Voice from your local library. It has hundreds of listings of artists playing in clubs - and I mean big names of whatever genre you love. Maybe you could pick up advance tickets.

Do you love art? THINK OF THE ART GALLERIES!!!!

Shopping for vintage clothes in the Village!!!!

Also, I went to Radio City Music Hall. Don't know if it still has shows, but that was one amazing experience that I will never forget.

One tour I was made to take but don't recommend - you got it. WT farm and the book factory in Brooklyn. Two days of seeing people living like monks and really depressed me. (not that you'd be considering that anyhow).

Have fun!

signed,

(still jealous but wishing one heck of a good time)

talesin

• Gopher
    Gopher

Wow, sounds like a great time! New York is a world unto itself. My impression: it has the VERY BEST and the VERY WORST of EVERYTHING !!!!

If you want to attend a play, concert or cultural event, go to your local newsstand and purchase the "New Yorker" magazine. I did, and I was able to call ahead and get tickets for a concert and a Broadway play. Or go visit www.newyorker.com.

Good luck on your visit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit