Have a pretty interesting story to tell.

by Dexter 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

Hi Dexter. I'm an RN, and in the hospital where I worked, if you weren't willing to hang blood you could look for another job. I suppose if the point had been pressed, they might not have been legally entitled to fire for that reason. Is this something your conscience is bothering you about?

• lookout
    lookout

This isn't exclusive of JWs. There are plenty of parents who throw their kids out of the house when they get to be so stubborn they won't listen anymore. I'm so sick of hearing like this is some kind of JW thing. This is a being a stern parent thing. I'm not saying I agree with it, or would do it myself, but let's keep it real.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

There are plenty of parents who throw their kids out of the house when they get to be so stubborn they won't listen anymore. I'm so sick of hearing like this is some kind of JW thing.

The difference is,JW kids (minors) often get thrown out simply because they don't want to be JW's....don't want to get baptized or go to meetings, not because they are doing anything particularly wrong. I know a family that went to South America to serve where the need was great and their 17 year old didn't want to go. Without giving too much detail here I'll just tell you, their flight stopped in a southern state before leaving the U.S. They dumped their 17 year old off at the airport with no money no place to go and have never heard from their offspring again. They are now missionaries and the 17 year old is in their early 30's, has made a life of their own and wants no contact from family members....even the ones who are no longer JW's themselves.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PETE ZAHUT:

I know of two instances of JW children who became legally emancipated because their Witness parents gave them an ultimatum that "it's either our way or the highway". Luckily, they turned out fine.

I'm sure there are many more stories like this throughout the whole Witness religion. This means they are contributing to the homeless situation, not to mention discouraging higher education, etc.

As for the person you mention who was the 17 year old dumped in an airport somewhere: I'd never have anything to do with my family either, if that were me. This is abandoning a child....Them and their "tough love"! This is a sick religion filled with fanatics and delusional people and the public (especially the media) needs to be made aware of what really goes on.

• never a jw
    never a jw

I'm so sick of hearing like this is some kind of JW thing. This is a being a stern parent thing

It's both, a JW thing and a stern parent; it's a stern parent who is encouraged to be a complete a--hole by "Jehovah". The combination never bodes well for children with a independent mind.

• Dexter
    Dexter

Sorry for the delay, lots of work, and life to love. I went awhile without talking to my oldest sibling. Thinking that is was the correct thing to do. She is now married with children, and due to fear and anxiety caused by those events is on quite the buffet of psych meds. Halfway thruough my schooling I was still trying to keep the peace with the family, pretending, going through the motions. I am a person that when I was at a meeting I was a strong believer of "out of site out of mind" I did not want to be bothered. At this time in my life I was a paramedic but was not quite an advanced partitioner. So out of no where one meeting as I'm trying to flee, and elder tracked me down. Brought me in the back room and said "I heard you have been hired by a helicopter EMS service. So of course told the truth. He said "so you can give blood?" Yes I reply, it is an order from a physician (my medical director) . Well this wasn't to his liking. So like a good little rat he felt the need to "investigate" the matter and write a letter to the GB. So in conclusion for this part of story, I had begun fading, and by chance and elder went above and beyond to see if what I was giving a pt ( not by my own opinion but under a DR order) was approved by them. More to come. Oh and just and FYI tidbit, no matter what religion you are and what you believe JW included, there have been multiple times I have been on a scene of a trauma pt. We do what we refer to as trauma naked. So all clothes off etc. if they think we have time to look in a wallet for a no blood card they are poorly mistaken. I have picked many ppl up in the helicopter that met mass infusion criteria, and guess what, they received all the emergency release blood we carry. I will post more in time, I am almost done with physician assistant school that has kept me very busy. Two things I want to add. 1. Not sure if people let you all know this enough, but your postings, and advice on how to help and move on, they help more ppl then you realize, and for this I am thankful. 2. My cousin went to the convention this sun. He related that he had never in his life heard the amount of times the words death, torture, and dying were repeated. Very shocking. Keep up the encouragement, and remember this site has effected more ppl then you probably realize. Thank you all for the help.

• zeb
    zeb

happy to give a lending ear.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He related that he had never in his life heard the amount of times the words death, torture, and dying were repeated.

This isn't really surprising given the fact that the WTS has been saying this for over 140 years now, people as JWS themselves are starting to suspect they've been bullshited to.

Well what do you do to make sure you retain subservient working and donating followers ?

You crank up the fear mongering and make people anxious and unstable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit