Why the term "waking up?"

by Sour Grapes 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

You cannot be a wide awake active JW. So how else would you describe the dawning realization that one's commitment to the organization was the result of falling under some kind of cognitive spell?

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I Second the Matrix reference.

When we are asleep we power the machine world that controls our lives. We are just Duracell batteries to them. They consume us until they burn us out. If you wake up before being burned out it can be real scary in the real world.

Watch the first Matrix film in the franchise and you'll see what I mean.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

JWs are like in a ''zombie'' state of mind. ''waking up'' is a snapping-out of the stupor that the Borg puts into people.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has since its inception a commercialized fraud selling a tainted version of the Gospel through corrupt lying charlatanism and Jehovah has nothing to do with it because of that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should be noted that the WTS exploited people's ignorance and insecurities in its literature proliferation agenda.

• steve2
    steve2

The WTS has since its inception a commercialized fraud selling a tainted version of the Gospel through corrupt lying charlatanism and Jehovah has nothing to do with it because of that.

Given the many disturbing Biblical accounts about Jehovah's war-mongering, genocidal, misogynistic, slave-loving bullying character, I'd say JW organization is the perfect progeny of His.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit