Have you ever come across someone on this site or other exjw site that you knew?

by karter 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

No. A few with common acquaintances. I've been out of the loop for a long time.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

there used to be a UK xjw site--and i came across someone who had attended the same congregation as me--but many years apart. but we knew the same people.

also got in contact with an xj on one of the facebook groups who lived in the same part of the UK as my youngest son. turns out he knew him well., which is more than i do!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

KateWild. Although i didnt know it was her until she was "removed" from this forum. We used to be in the the Polish group about 8 years ago.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I wish! I have thrown out enough clues...and some in our area of the world have awoken I believe...but perhaps they are not on this forum.

However, I have made some great new friends via this forum!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Yes, but I didn't recognize them by their posts. One person PMed me because of one of my posts. It turns out I know his MIL(still in) very well.

Then at Flipper's Apostafest Cha Ching recognized me. We were in the same congregation as teenagers. My first MIL studied with her mother and sucked her into the cult. I also had met her husband a very long time ago.

Soon after the Tahoe meet-up Cha Ching was visiting with another ex JW, Suzi Drums, and my name came up. I studied with Suzi and, sorry to say, helped her to Baptism. I had lost track of her. Neither of us knew the other had left the borg. We were delighted to reunite on the phone.

I didn't know Kairos personally but I knew one of the elders who DFed him. He brought one of this elder's nephews to Tahoe. I know this young man very well and much to my delight, he's also out.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

No, not directly, but I have met up with several ex-JWs who knew people in common, or when we have surmised that we are from the same area. I'm not in hiding, so there are clues in my posts. Also, there is a chance my husband knows Pete Zahut. It seems they were at Bethel at the same time. We are out of country visiting family and meeting our new grandson now, so I will send a PM when we return.

I have tried to contact ex-JWs/faders in my area, but they don't respond. I guess they just want to move on. I get that.

Diane

• Tallon
    Tallon

I have been in pm communication with someone on this forum whose wife is a cousin (which I never knew) of my best friend many years ago.

• My Name is of No Consequence
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

8 for me, as in this site been the 1st point of contact, and a further 2 others who I meet on reddit. Of those 10 people, 9 I knew in my JW life, and one I didn't although we know a lot of the same people. I have meet all these people face to face. I sort of wonder how many more are out there. Interestingly none of them have been able to identify me until I told them who I am. Which I see as been a good thing. But thats not to say if I trust someone or know someone I'm only to willing to reveal myself.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Yes two. One a friend from my husband and sister in law congregation 50 years ago. Another who caused a lot of heart ache in my sisters home. A third flipper and I came from the same area I didn't know flipper but I knew his three siblings and his former brother in-law

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit