Jehovah's Witnesses the richest religion in the world..

by wwjdnwt 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wwjdnwt
    wwjdnwt

I don't post here too much..I am more of a lurker. But, wanted to share recent conversation with JW family member.

One of my JW relatives recently went to visit another JW relative that is "serving where the need is great",. When my JW relative returned home and I was talking with him, who is an older JW who has been in for over 50 years, was so excited to tell me about the special talk. I am not sure if the speaker was a CO, but I believe so. He said the speaker asked, what religion is the richest in the world? Many answered, Catholics. He said, No! Jehovah's Witnesses are! He went on to say that they get so many donations, and bragged about the new large complex they are building..etc.

I find it ironic that the JW's are so excited to think they are the richest religion in the world. IF they believed it were the Catholics they would have pointed a finger as being a bad thing. But, since its them..oh how wonderful!

I can't help but wonder if this is the new thing they higher ups in the organization are telling the JW's to keep them from wondering about all of the cut backs and such.

• Je.suis.oisif
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    The claim that JWs are the richest religion is so completely absurd I don't even know where to start in reacting to someone making it.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Always knew it was the Catholic church.

We, JWs, would fall in with Protestantism, or maybe... Free Masonry since our founder had to ties to the Free Masons (?!).

DY

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    Problem with that chart is it lists entire religions as one of the top 10 richest. A more appropriate list would be a breakdown of specific denominations. It did list quite a few: Scientology, Church of England, Catholic etc.. But to have Islam as #2 is misleading. It isn't like there is just one religion in Islam controlling all that money.
  • Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    Yeah I agree adjusted knowledge. Good point.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    JWs don't fall anywhere in there. They are so grandiose in their own eyes, but are just wannabes. They think they're so significant, so important...they are barely a blip on the world scene.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Deluded and/or talking metaphorically.
  • shepherdless
    shepherdless

Sounds like something my delusional pioneer in-law relative would say.

In the city I grew up in, there were around 100 Catholic primary schools, and around 50 Catholic high schools. The Catholics also owned a number of hospitals, nursing homes, hospices, a number of charities etc, not to mention a huge number of churches and a few convents. I came to learn that they owned a surprising amount of commercial real estate as well. The Anglican church was close to the same size; not as many schools, but had premium commercial real estate in the city centre.

You could have fitted all the Kingdom Halls in this city onto the grounds of one Catholic primary school.

• St George of England
    St George of England

They ought to be...they never give anything away!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit