How many of you had the jw double life?

by obiwan 26 Replies latest jw friends

• KGB
    KGB

My first trip with the JW's in 91' I was living a double life, still smoking ciggerettes and pot. Drinking and having sex...Oh yeah I was a partier for sure and they never knew it or atleast they never said anything. But the second trip with them in 97' I was a good JW and the funny thing ? They thought I was living a double life that time around. Go figure that one. When I was a bad boy behind the curtian they thought I was a good boy but when I was serious they thought the opposite. Now I live a clean life no dope, no smokes, no booze and lovin God every minute of it just not with a bunch of bad boys in the borg.....

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Nowadays, after reading and researching a plethora of information, I realize it really was NOT a double-life as chracterized by the WTBS literature. I believe in most cases, you will find that the natural born personality of the individual before infection from the WTBS is simply trying to surface again and regain it's place.

Adding a new personality that subjugates and squelches your natural individual self is the destructive action that causes a double-life. You are already someone with thoughts, opinions, desires, dreams, flaws, quirks and a world of many other things. Allowing external mandates to drown your true self with tyrannical self-righteous destructive behavior is the actual danger in the equation.

All humans, including the most hideous criminal understands some degree of peace and love. Had they received enough, they might not be damaging themselves and others. Religion is not necessary or required to find the natural good, peace and love that is available in all humans if you invest the effort to find it and harvest it and reward it.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I was as straight as an arrow as a dub. The only "double life" I led was my final two years in which I was knee-deep in personal doubts, apostasy and evil-lution. I must admit it....I looked down upon "double lifers" as a dub Now, I admire them

Bradley

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Ha! Same here, logansrun. I always used to look down on the double-lifers as morally weak. Now, I admire the fact that they had the personal independence not to submit to the control.

• be wise
    be wise

It was near the point of no return I was doing stuff that the jws would do you for, hadn't been to a meeting for a while, so I wouldn't class myself a jw. I wasn't sqeeky clean. I mean I got drunk but who doesn't. I went out clubbing and had 'stuff' but that was a good experience for me. Then once I went to the kh after a night clubbing and no sleep-sat through the talk and thought what the hell am i doing here and that was it!

• Amazing
    Amazing

I was not a double-lifer, but at times I took an excursion or two intos gray zones ... at least not until my last nine months, as I worked to get my family out ... but by then it was more of a secret agent until the mission was accomplished ... you know ... kind of like Theocratic strategy in reverse.

• unique1
    unique1

I led a double life and so did everyone in our hall except for one sister in our hall. I never hid the fact that I was worldly at school because all the other JW's in my school acted worldly too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit