Evolution is a Fact #2 - DNA Functional Redundancy

by cofty 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Okay is a human more closely related to a cat or a dog? - I don't know, but as a guess I would say humans are more closely related to dogs than to cats. Cats are more specialized carnivores than dogs.

Are you sure we're not related to rocks? Aren't we all stardust? - we aren't related to rocks. The phrase 'related to' makes reproduction necessary. Rocks aren't life-forms and they don't reproduce.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Darwin's theory of evolution may be an over-simplification.

But genetics and DNA were unheard of when Darwin proposed his theory. As genetics and DNA have become known, they have supported his theory.

Neat, huh?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Cofty - in your post you say "if you want to make the amino acid [...]" - I always thought the codons told the enzyme that builds the proteins which amino acids to select - not how to build the amino acids themselves. Maybe a combination?
  • cofty
    cofty

OneEyedJoe - Of course you are correct and I could have gone into great deal of detail about translation and transcription but that would have detracted from the simplicity of the OP.

Anybody who wants to know the road from DNA to protein can do a google search.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    I am only 9 hours into those Kent Hovind videos from the last thread.
  • Landy
    Landy

I am only 9 hours into those Kent Hovind videos from the last thread

Only another 6 to go then.

• Landy
    Landy

Deepak Chopra said this about evolution.

Darwin's theory of evolution is an enormous over-simplification. It's helpful if you want to connect the dots and understand the interrelatedness of life on the planet -- and it's simple enough to teach to children between recess and lunch. But it fails to capture the driving force and what's rea

Ahh, another nutter acording to wiki :)

Or perhaps not, I wish I could charge gullible patients a small fortune for handing out a placebo.

• stillin
    stillin

I realize that there are thousands of red undies in the actg sequences. And they are referred to as "junk" because up until now they seem to have served no real purpose. But isn't there mounting evidence that people who have long strings of repeated sequences in the right area of their genome seem to have better resilience to some illnesses?

It seems that the bottom line is that there's still a lot we don't know.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Please say that deepak is being quoted sarcastically. I'm losing hope if he's being used as an authority.
  • CookieMonster
    CookieMonster
    The evidence for evolution is overwhelming it can only be called a fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit