SKE, and other acronymic crap

by MTSman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• MTSman
    MTSman

So, I was sort of forced to spend time with my Uber-in parents. They went on gushing about the website, and the new business cards they have to give out to busy people. Really? Business cards? I’ve been out going on ten years and I swear this religion is a faint shadow of what it used to be. Another thing my mom told me was the new stuff they have on the Bible. Her words not mine. She said we don’t even have to study anymore because everything is done for us! I literally got sick to my stomach. She also said their congregation got a new brother and his wife who went to the SKE. Of course I had no clue what SKE was so instead of asking, I pulled out my phone logged onto JW net and searched SKE while standing inches from her. School for Kingdom Evangelizers? Really? Just thinking about this shit gets me sick and upset.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

She said we don’t even have to study anymore because everything is done for us.

YUP THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP!!!!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

In a few years it'll be "We dont even have to think anymore because it's all done for us!"

It's a good thing the guys in charge are infallible and inspired isnt it?... oh, no, wait...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Paley, they already told the Sheeple not to think for themselves in the September 2007 Kingdom Ministry.

It was this little insidious instruction that started me waking up 100%, I was so disgusted that I loudly said to my wife in the Kingdom Hall " Nobody does my thinking for me ! " , she told me to "Shush" of course.

A few months later I walked away for good. So did she luckily !

As to the acronyms etc , I have hardly any contact with my JW family now, but am careful to use the right acronyms and esoteric language, to subtly let them know I am keeping an eye on the Borg, so thanks MTSman, I didn't know the SKE one.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Upvote for the retro Hustler cover as your avatar.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Question: Who's on that retro cover of Hustler? Kind of looks like Virginia Madsen!
  • Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@WingCommander Lol, it's pretty unusual for celebrities to appear on the cover of Hustler (every cover girl is featured in an open-legged pictorial inside). Best bet is, it's just another adult model.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Phizzy - "they already told the Sheeple not to think for themselves in the September 2007 Kingdom Ministry."

I think that KM article was the last talk I gave as an Elder, in fact last talk ever. (Question box about doing your own research on the NWT?) I already knew by this point that I was resigning as an elder and gong to initiate a fade. But that talk was hard to give knowing it was all BS.

One of the elders came up to me after that meeting and said that I did not seem fired up about the article - little did he know.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Dear Paley, they already told the Sheeple not to think for themselves in the September 2007 Kingdom Ministry.

I was still a JW then. I dont remember that. But then again, i was a 22yo virgin dating a 17yo virgin so my mind was probably on "other things" during the meeting.

Does the faithful and discreet slave endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate? — Matt.24:45, 47.

No, it does not. And yet, in various parts of the world, a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects. Some have pursued an independent group study of Biblical Hebrew and Greek so as to analyze the accuracy of the New World Translation. Others explore scientific subjects related to the Bible. They have created Web sites and chat rooms for the purpose of exchanging and debating their views. They have also held conferences and produced publications to present their findings and to supplement what is provided at our Christian meetings and through our literature.

So your own beliefs are not even up for discussion or debate? "New shite light is to be accepted without even knowing why? The audacity of all this is astounding.

Reading the above it looks like all non-Society approved websites are to be prohibited also. Do the R&F even realize this?

• sir82
    sir82

SKE....the last faint hope of the 40 year old virgins trying to find a "theocratic" mate (they accept single brothers & single sisters as well as married couples).....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit