Anyone go on a cruise?

by NewYork44M 12 Replies latest jw friends

• James Brown
    James Brown

I have taken two Norwegian cruises in the past 5 years. Out of Tampa and Miami to the Caribbean and Mexico, Belize, Honduras. They were very nice experiences. They were 7 day cruises. The down side is 7 days of eating anything and everything one wants leads to a weight gain. Eating and drinking are a big part of my taking a 7 day cruise.

I am very food and alcohol orientated. They also have shows preformed and live music in various spots. And you can purchase excursions in various ports.

We had a balcony on each trip. I don't know if I would enjoy it as much without one.

We bought our tickets from Norwegian. When you are on the cruise they offer and sell credits towards the next cruise.

Go on the Norwegian website and inquire about a cruise you are interested in. Maybe within a few weeks they will send you vouchers or discounts to entice you.

A lot of people here in Florida also take the carnival cruise lines.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My wife mrs smiddy went on a cruise a few years ago from Sydney to Noumea,New Caledonia ,Suva ,etc a South pacific cruise on a 12 day cruise.

It was her worst nightmare come true. they dodged one cyclone early in the piece with minimal problems however on the way home they felt the full brunt of a second cyclone that produced 15 metre waves that buffeted their cruise ship thats 45 foot waves hitting the ship and they could not get back into sydney to disembark on the day they were supposed to as it was too dangerous to go through Sydney harbour heads and dock.

So they waited another 24 hours at sea till things calmed down somewhat.

Their is no way she would ever contemplate going on another cruise ship

That was her experience .

Obviously their are good experiences and bad experiences

just saying

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I have been on three. The best one was in 2006. It was a 7-day southern Caribbean cruise. I absolutely loved it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit