Engaged Couples Living Together

by ILewis 18 Replies latest social relationships

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Since there are many hundred of millions of people in the world who would likely view this situation the way the OP does, I can't think of any reason why they should be assumed to be a troll. It's a mark of the insularity of conversation on this forum that any poster with views outside the narrow forum consensus is simply assumed to be speaking in bad faith: that they are not only wrong, but they can't possibly even mean what they say. It's weird when you think about it. I have no idea the OP's background or sincerity, but the idea that a poster with views like this can't exist, must be joking, or must be a troll, is just weird.

• Earnest
    Earnest

JWs who are landlords, who are being paid rent by tenants, are not held responsible for the actions of their tenants. If they are guests in his own home then he can have house rules but he wouldn't be disfellowshipped for the behaviour of his guests. That's bizarre.

• stillin
    stillin

If one of my children needed a place to stay temporarily and they had their boyfriend/girlfriend with them, I would make up separate beds and ask that house rules be respected. Sorry.

If I stay overnight at their place, I am not bothered by any spirits.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

I think the couple are allowed to sleep in the same bed together.....as long as they put a pillow between them.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Really slim? Im somehow showing “insularity of conversation” because an obvious troll is obvious? Im the first person to engage debate and accept that there lots views other than mine.

Lets look at the facts, shall we.... someone went out of their way to find this forum, join it, and then create a post that makes some random ass situation where they (the brand new poster who isnt a jw) are renting a room from someone who they somehow know is a jw, who made promises to only rent other rooms to same sex persons and no couples and then after having done that rents a room to someone who a bf but also a baby with another person and now they want to know if is a df’ing offense and if theres evil spirits in the house.

Slim, ive long thought your many flip flops on the orgs future were just a small time troll and you liked the debate and ultimatetly... thats cool. I do too. But this just launchs you into to one of two categories.. either this is your post under a different user name and your the biggest troll of all and sitting in your cave laughing that people are actually responding to this ludicrous soap opera daytime tv impossible to follow drama or you are the single most gullible person to ever walk the face of the earth.

Im going with troll.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It seems entirely plausible to me that someone vaguely in touch with JWs, searches JWs, finds this site, and posts a question. It happens fairly often.

And many people have moral views like the poster.

So I’m not sure what aspect of the whole thing is supposed to be unlikely.

It just seems a basic inability to believe that others can conceive the world differently, which pervades this forum.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

I've no idea whether this person is a troll and to be honest I didn't really think about that due to the other problems I saw in the OP. There was enough biblically inspired bigotry in that post to warrant the poster getting a large slap and that appears to have happened, happily.

If the OP had just asked the question without resorting to adding their own insecurities then I feel the response would have been more positive for them.

Perhaps this will be a good learning point for that person...

• just fine
    just fine

Mind your own business. You aren’t the morality police for the world. You make decisions for you, they get to make decisions for themselves.

• steve2
    steve2

One-post ILewis disappears after his ridiculous post. Phew! That was close.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit