Engaged Couples Living Together

by ILewis 18 Replies latest social relationships

• ILewis
    ILewis

Hi. My question is this. Is it wrong for a Jehovah's Witness to allow an unmarried couple to live together under their roof? Same room, same bed, they are allowing full on cohabitation. My assumption is the answer is no. If the answer is indeed no, why? And what is the corrective course of action taken?

Why I'm asking?

I moved into a living situation where I was told I would only be living with other females. The landlord is a Jehovah's Witness, I am a non denomination Christian. I assumed I could take her at her word re: there would be no cursing, no overnigjt guest...no sinning in the house. But one month after I moved in she allowed an engaged couple move in (The female had a child out of wedlock with someone before she met her fiance) and now I feel like this house has unclean spirits, the spirit of disobedience is in here.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

If the JW is a landlord, (as in renting rooms for money), then there is no reason she should police the private lives of individual renters. If they're not bothering you, just keep to yourself. You're paying for a service. The unclean spirits stuff is in your head.

• Randy Smith
    Randy Smith

Perhaps one of them is family. But in general, you wouldn't find a JW working at a JW business who is not in good standing with the congregation. Not for long at least.

They are engaged so I'm not sure where evil spirits would come into play here. If that concerns you you might not want to walk out of the hall.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"no sinning in the house" - ILewis

Based on all you wrote and that last 'gem' you need to have a serious word with yourself. What on earth does that mean? Let me guess...you will want to reply with some biblical mumbo jumbo crap...

"and now I feel like this house has unclean spirits, the spirit of disobedience is in here" - ILewis

Is this some kind of joke?

You need to get your nose out of other people's business.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

"no overnight guests, no cursing and no sinning" guaranteed!

Bold claims since in the eyes of God we are all sinners and no one is without sin, even you.

As long as you make sure you are doing the right thing - no overnight guests, no cursing and trying to minimize your sinning - you needn't worry about unclean spirits whatever they are.

Perhaps your landlord is allowing the couple to stay as an act of love to her fellow man and helping them out in a hard situation and following the scripture In Matthew 7:1 and not judging them.

• oppostate
    oppostate

There once was a time when Boozer Rutherford told JW's all a couple needed was to cohabit together. No need for ceremony or legal paperwork.

Boy oh boy how things have changed, eh?

• _Morpheus
  • zeb
    zeb

Rutherford is said to have had a live in 'nutritionist' or such..

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Is it wrong for a Jehovah's Witness to allow an unmarried couple to live together under their roof? Same room, same bed, they are allowing full on cohabitation.

The landlord is a Jehovah's Witness,

Has everybody missed the point that the landlord is a JW ?

My question is this. Is it wrong for a Jehovah's Witness to allow an unmarried couple to live together under their roof?

Yes,no question about it a disfellowshipping offence.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Live and let live. Mind your own business and don't throw the first stone.

When the money grabbing Governing body of Jehovah's witnesses make it an obligation for JWs report paedophiles to the police, then I'll take all this 'I am so holy' nonsense more seriously.

Until the JW leaders have their house in order, those pervert protectors can jolly well bog off.

Stick to the real issues of the sin AKA crime within that fake religion.

I'm with Morpheus on this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit