More lies on jw.org re inactive faders.

by nicolaou 34 Replies latest members private

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Stillin you are spot on. I remember when I was first asked to take the count as a naive MS I asked what the criteria was for inclusion. "A pulse" was my PO's reply.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

nicolaou said: It kicks off with the statement, "We count as Jehovah’s Witnesses only those who are actively preaching the good news of God’s Kingdom each month."

Well, this verifies what I've been saying for years. This religion is a performance based one, valuing only young, able-bodied, able-minded people. Once you become ill or old and can no longer perform, you are 100% useless to them.

This is not loving and goes against the Bible at ...

Psalm 71:9: Do not cast me away when I am old;
    do not forsake me when my strength is gone. - NIV

Yet another epic fail from Botchtower.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, great point.

more contradictions from the org.....

• Syme
    Syme

They're playing with words, as always.

They say "we count as jws the regular ones"; so, they may not count the inactive ones, but they still consider them as being j-dubs, even if they're not counted in the worldwide report.

• Watchtower-Free
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

So how does elderly, infirmed or shut in JW's that can no longer report time figure into this?

As Heaven stated, when one reaches this point in their life they are 100% useless to WT.

That is when the real "love" comes out into the open, and these older ones painfully come to the realization they never REALLY mattered to anyone in the WT.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The interesting thing about this is it the administrative machine of the organisation that defines if you are approved by God or not. They say that once you are baptised then that's it - you made your vow, regardless of what happens down the line. Even reinstated people don't get another baptism.

However, you are ONLY an approved Jehovah's Witness if you put in a report. It is IMPOSSIBLE to be an approved Jehovah's Witness unless you put a bit of paper in each month. Somehow, a bit of bureaucracy that has no biblical basis defines your identity as an approved worshipper of God.

Now, they will try and wheedle out of this and say things about loyalty to the organisation, commission to preach, it's what Jehovah is asking us all to do but the plain truth is that if you don't report then you are not approved.

Somehow the machine is able to act as the mouth piece of God and determine who he considers a top notch worshipper on the basis of a report slip.

Consider the following terms:

active

inactive

elder

pioneer

bethelite

missionary

special pioneer

ministerial servant

circuit overseer

All the terms invoke an implied level of spirituality and therefore worthiness to Jehovah. Yet, with the exception of elder, MS and missionary, they are all figments of the machine's process driven imagination. Somehow though, they all have meaning to a Witness and allow any dub to determine right away who the big man in the sky likes or does not like.

• blondie
    blondie
    So did the early Christians report their preaching activity on a time report?
  • sir82
    sir82

It is IMPOSSIBLE to be an approved Jehovah's Witness unless you put a bit of paper in each month.

And of course, the other side of the coin - it matters not one whit what you really do in field service - what matters are the numbers you write on that piece of paper.

Consider these 2 examples:

(1) Brother Pompous's primary occupation while out in field service is riding around in the car while other people do their return visits. He never "stops his time" during his weekly 45 minute long coffee breaks - in fact he starts "counting his time" when he gets in his car Saturday morning, and doesn't stop until he returns home.

He makes sure to leave large stacks of old magazines each month at the laundromat around the corner from where he lives.

Someone at work asks something about JW belief? 5 minute explanation gets rounded up to an hour. Oh, I talked to him before? Return visit!

End of month report: 15 hours, 25 magazines, 5 return visits

(2) Sister Depressed suffers from anxiety attacks. But she knows "this what Jehovah expects of me", and so spends 5 hours a week preparing her presentation, praying, looking up scriptures, rehearsing in front of the mirror.

Of course it's hard to find time to do that, what with being a single mother to 3 teenaged children and working 55 hours a week. But "it's what Jehovah expects of me", so she gets by on 5 hours of sleep per night instead of 6, and prepares for the ministry.

Come Saturday morning, at her first door, an irate householder berates her. She is so upset she has to go home, where she spends 2 hours in prayer asking for forgiveness for being so weak.

End of month report: 2 hours, 0 placements, 0 return visits.

Question: When the CO comes, or when the secretary reviews the reports, who will be in the "exemplary" category? And which will be judged "spiritually weak" and (even further) marginalized out of the congregation?

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Blondie, that was one of a number of issues I had as a teenager with this religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit