Do you (or did you) have much of a social life as a Jehovahs Witness.

by UnshackleTheChains 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Brown
    James Brown

I was a married witness in the early 70's. During that time I had a very social life. Get togethers, parties, going out to dinner with friends and playing games and drinking on the weekends.

But, it wasn't the truth. Not even close. So, all things must change.

I don't miss it at all, I have been on to new and better things.

I couldn't spend my whole life eating, drinking partying and listening to bullshxt.

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous
    I was born into a JW family. I went to meetings regularly up until around 13 (age of reason). So I would say my perspective is somewhat limited. Even at a very young age, I noticed that the other kids in the hall were very bland and dull. Like unseasoned food. Luckily for me, I had an older brother who was really cool (plus I went to public school), so I was exposed to much more than most of the kids as they were mostly home schooled. My parents would always try to get me to hang out with the other kids in the hall but I could never vibe with them. The few that I did hangout with from time to time, would snitch me out to their parents because I played some Super Nintendo games that had some very mild violence and it would cause my Dad to get pulled aside by the Elders, which in turn meant that I had to get an earful. When I was around 12, I had some self righteous poster child type tell me I was in the clutches of Satan because I liked skateboarding and punk music.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit