“You know how I know that they're finished out there? The carts.”

by Athanasius 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Simon - "You don't always have to make massive changes to have an affect, sometimes it's just tilting the balance to make something economically unviable."

Well said.

Gosh, you sound almost...

...positive. ;)

• Ding
    Ding

Now that the WT has virtually eliminated field service reporting requirements, do you think JWs will no longer waste time standing next to carts, or is cart work something pioneers will want in order to have easy (though boring) time?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If I was in, I would be thinking of all of the ways that I could witness to people that did not involve writing letters, knocking on doors, or standing in front of a cart. It really only leaves informal witnessing.

On the one hand, informal witnessing can be much more effective than the tedious door-to-door or magazine-cart options. On the other hand, how long will it be before everyone avoids you because you "turn every conversation into a Bible lesson"?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Ding, I think you are right. I used to see the cart people all the time at this one location. Since no more hour reporting, I haven’t seen them at all. 😊👏

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

informal witnessing:

i do that whenever the chance arises--especially facebook groups.

such as--loss of family contact because of JW shunning--tell everyone about it.

• Ding
    Ding

I expect the GB soon will lay on a guilt trip about people slacking off in field service just because the hours no longer need be reported.

They'll stress that Jehovah knows how much or how little you're doing and with Armageddon sooooooo close...

• pepperheart2
    pepperheart2

they are giving people the choice,if people want to stand at a trolley for 60 hours a month then they can. and like simon said 4 years ago you dont have to make massive changes to have an effect. i went to a big city a few weeks ago and they had five cats in the city centre and they all had only magazines printed in 2021 and 2020 and then i went out of the city into the suberbs and a cart had magazines from 2019 and 2015

• Ding
    Ding

Pepperheart2,

I wonder how many of those old publications contain significant amounts of "old light."

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Actually, the change in field service requirements doesn't make a massive change in the JW world. Those who were not serious enough in the past will continue to remain so, albeit they don't have to fake a number for their reports again. Die-hard JW's will continue their work as is or join the Aux pioneer or Reg pioneer ranks if they want to report their numbers.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Ding: "They'll stress that Jehovah knows how much or how little you're doing..."

Which is why it never made sense to me for them to record hours in the first place. If Jehovah is able to keep a detailed record of every human being in order to resurrect them from his memory (my understanding of that particular doctrine), then why can't he keep track of every JWs witnessing activities? And why does the WT feel that Jehovah is so incompetent that he needs their earthly administrative aid?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit