“You know how I know that they're finished out there? The carts.”

by Athanasius 51 Replies latest jw friends

• rickroll
    rickroll

There are so many things that are different today than in the past even from 20 years ago. The JWs enjoyed growth when many people were farm based, bible loving and very ignorant of the world at large. People to know a history of a group like the cult would have to go to a library and if it even had any books on the cult they would be few and far between. The history one would have to dig into older JW publications and it would be an exhausting task. This was true for many many years. Even in the 70s after the 75 debacle some of us saw personally it was still hard to find out about as the older publications were not that easy to find. Some Halls may have some but I never saw a hall that had more than a small amount of older publications. Then came the internet. It not only connected people who had dug and found bits and pieces but we could put all those bits together, people started to connect and write books and look deeper. It really has only been about 20 years we have had the information we now do. Where one can at a finger tip find out so much history of the cult. There are videos that are very well done that give an over all history of the cult we could not even dream of 35 years ago. So today some JW knocks at your door and tells you the end is near and you go to your phone or laptop after they leave and type in Jehovah's witness and find out all the lies and false teachings and know they are nuts. 50 years ago its not even possible to find any thing on their history. I remember going to a door with my Brother in law. The guy had a book on the JWs by William Schnell 30 years a watchtower slave. He gave it to us after pointing out some things to look at. My brother in law took the book and was very confused. We went to elder assuptight and he took the book and told us that Schnell would send brothers out in service and then call the police on them so he could bail them out to look like a hero. I believe he made this shit up just to throw us off the trail. We never saw the book again. That was the only time in my 35 years of being with the JWs we even had anything critical of the cult given to us.

• rickroll
    rickroll

Last I was in they said the literature was free but we should donate what we felt it was worth. I can remember one brother from the platform saying a modern bible goes for 30 to 40 dollars and we should donate that if we get one. There were hoping for more than what they used to charge for the propaganda.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

The jws are so used to people giving them no mind that standing in front of a cart for hours will not persuade many to realize their wasting their time away. But yes it is true the religion is just a dead man walking and in away they know it since they use old publications on those carts.

People are leaving in mass and the growth ended when they finally had to change the “this generation will not pass away” BS.

Example I have friend that his wife got dfd for adultery, he stopped after the friends weren’t so friendly when he was missing a lot of meetings do to issues with his wife and of course I helped to wake him up. All his kids in their 30-40s of age had already stopped going years before all but two younger ones.

Well after he woke up both of them stopped and one of them is married and the spouse stopped too. My friends siblings he has three and two have stopped not because they are awake but just got sick of going and being told to live a pathetic life.

So to recap my friend raised 6 kids in the cult and their all out. He’s out his exwife is dfd and isn’t going back and two out of three of his siblings are inactive. Only one sibling and his mother are pimi his dad recently died. That’s a lot of people that were once counted as being active publishers some baptized that no longer go, and this is going on all over the world.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

A friend of mine just got back from Disneyland. He said there were JW's with carts stationed outside the Disneyland Hotel where he was staying .

He said "I'll bet they never have to restock those carts...no one was paying any attention to them. The only reason I knew what they were doing was because you told me about them. What a huge waste of time....why don't they just attach a rack to the wall with a sign that says "TAKE ONE"?

• Simon
    Simon

My favourite story is of someone who asked about the literature and if they had to pay for it, when they said it was free he took one, then looked through more and took another ... then a couple more ... and they thought he was so very interested.

He walked straight to a garbage bin and threw them in. LOL

Tip: it's free, once they have given something to you, you are free to rip it up and throw it away. Be nice and polite when asking if you can take one so they don't suspect.

We can bankrupt the WTS slowly.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Pete Zahut

why don't they just attach a rack to the wall with a sign that says "TAKE ONE"?

simply because they cant count the time if they did that .And nobody would know how many hours they did that month.

• tiki
    tiki

Stopped at a red light yesterday...by a small park and there was one of the propaganda displays...manned by a beer bellied male in a raucous coral pink shirt and a sadly attired woman...like a refugee from a poverty stricken part of Siberia...but the kicker was their faces. Scowls like you can't imagine...they just looked like they were angrily breathing hatred. Seems to me the happifying message would or should generate a friendlier facial expression.....

And...if it is an honor to be allowed to stand by, why such angst?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Simon - "...We can bankrupt the WTS slowly.

Like I keep saying, a thousand hungry piranhas can fuck up your shit way worse than just one shark.

(...or were you being sarcastic?)

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

why don't they just attach a rack to the wall with a sign that says "TAKE ONE"?

Because evil people, like me, will deface whatever they leave for the taking. I stop at a rest area while traveling that has a magazine rack free for the taking. It used to be stocked with the latest WT magazines and sometimes CD's. I'd carry my Sharpie when I would go in and write the web address for various web sites across the covers. One day the magazine rack had a sign on it that said something like "No Religious Literature Allowed" and that was the end of it. JW's weren't the only ones putting magazines in the rack. I remember "Guideposts" being in the rack. I didn't mess with those.

• Simon
    Simon
    Like I keep saying, a thousand hungry piranhas can fuck up your shit way worse than just one shark.
    (...or were you being sarcastic?)

You don't always have to make massive changes to have an affect, sometimes it's just tilting the balance to make something economically unviable.

Every WTS publication destroyed potentially saves someone being suckered into falling for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit