April 26 2016 God’s Kingdom Rules! to Be Considered at Congregation Bible Study

by wifibandit 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    The elders are expected to "build excitement" for this book. Good luck with that!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Why in the world would they be highlighting that its been MORE than 100 years since the Generation that would see the Big A!

It's a good strategy, just as their "celebrating" the 100th anniversary of the Kingdom was a good strategy. If they had just been silent about it, that could have been heard as trying to "hide" the reality of the situation. To openly "celebrate" it, is to acknowledge that everything is still "OK" and working out just as they had expected.

In reality, they huddle in their secret chamber and scratch their heads because they are wondering WTF Jesus is waiting on. He's making them look bad!

Doc

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    I agree...poor choice for the title of the book. This is what I think when I see the the title...'God's Kingdom rules, rules and more rules'! :) :)
  • steve2
    steve2

"This publication will help us to appreciate our spiritual heritage as never before."

Only a religious group that is experiencing the pains and ailments of older age could ever refer to its "spiritual heritage".

A religious group that zealously focuses on the nearness of the end with the urgent need to save people and warn the wicked world wouldn't give a stuff about its "heritage".

• steve2
    steve2

I hear they are re-titling this dumbed down publication:

"Rules of God's Kingdom, Volume One."

Successive volumes are planned for subsequent years. THis provision makes allowances for "adjustments" in rules with the passing of time.

• kairos
    kairos

This will be a awakening trigger for many that meditate on the obvious use of funds missing on pages 200-201.

In smaller print is a HUGE LIE:
    " All donations are used exclusively to support Kingdom Interests"

There are 8 main components shown under, "Where do our donations go?".
    All areas have been SIGNIFICANTLY downsized or eliminated, yet the ORG is broke?

They do not include:

1. Pedophile victim payouts and other legal expenses

2. Hazardous waste abatement

3. WT Corp expense account and travel expenses

4. Investment losses

--

There are so many hidden expenses that are destroying their bank accounts from the inside out.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Successive volumes are planned for subsequent years. THis provision makes allowances for "adjustments" in rules with the passing of time. -- steve2

In my ongoing study of English literature and grammar, I find a curious connection between "retcon" and WT modus operandi:

There are various motivations for applying retroactive continuity. The changes may occur to accommodate sequels or derivative works, allowing newer authors or creators to revise the diegetic (in-story) history to include a course of events that would not have been possible in the story's original continuity. Retcons allow for authors to reintroduce popular characters and resolve errors in chronology. Another form of retroactive continuity involves placing well-known characters in a parallel universe. This approach can be used to allow familiar elements of a story to be explored in an entirely new context, without affecting external elements. Additionally, this approach can be used to retcon former events in a franchise timeline.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retroactive_continuity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit