i really hate all these "what if" posts

by nowwhat? 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

All These hypothetical questions about the organization's demise or what if God did this or that don't do anyone any good. Personal experiences. Info and insight about your congregation, circuit, area and the watchtower itself is what we need. Parody and humor is great as well. Rant over and sorry if I offended anyone. Just my opinion.

• DJS
    DJS

Ditto.

• Viviane
    Viviane

what if.... there were no "what if..." posts?

• schnell
    schnell

Sorry you really hate that. :p

Insight and info about my congregation, circuit, and area is that there is no growth, to the extent that they're willing to compromise standards to get an assembly with at least one baptism. Outrageously so. Field service is perfunctory, routine, watered down, and utterly meaningless. The null or negative reactions at the door actually thrill some of the more hard core of the flock, because they think that means the end is coming closer.

• blondie
    blondie

I know I'm no prophet...and I know the WTS is no prophet.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

What if...................somebody posts a rant about the "What If " Posts here ................does it mean Armageddon is a lot nearer now ?

I absolutely agree with you nowwhat? it gets us no where quickly

Or the ...." My French poodle is starting to Meow .....does that mean I am demon possessed ?" ...posts

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

two things are certain in this life ; death and the fact that the WTS will be around long after we've all gone.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Well, this is a forum that is open to many people with different opinions of what matters and what doesn't, and most importantly, with a number of people who find themselves, probably for the first time in their lives, questioning what they have been taught for their entire lives. So it makes sense that to some people those kinds of posts feel relevant and important.

Not everyone has the ability, capacity or emotional intelligence to articulate things or to talk about things in one given particular way or with the depth of thought that some may find compelling. And not everybody is interested in posting about the same subject or from the same perspective.

In other words, if you don't like it, simply ignore it and move on. People are free to post what they feel is valuable to them and there's nothing wrong with any of it for as long as they abide the forum rules.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A quote from the Time Machine film

Über-Morlock: Who are you to question 800,000 years... of evolution?

Alexander Hartdegen: This is, this is a perversion of every natural law.

Über-Morlock: [grabs him by the throat] And what is time travel but your pathetic attempted to try to control the world around you? Your futile effort to have a question answered? You think I don't know you, Alexander? I can look inside your memories, your nightmares, your dreams. You're a man haunted by those two most terrible words: What if?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

All These hypothetical questions about the organization's demise or what if God did this or that don't do anyone any good.

Personally, I just "skip over" any post (or posters) that don't interest me. You might try that method for a while and see if it helps. . . . Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit