Body of Elders Leadership

by bola 14 Replies latest jw friends

• waton
    waton

Ah, the good old days. there was actually prior to 1975, the rotating elder arrangement, where the newly created elder positions, were rotated between all the appointees. Imagine

in September the humblest elder became the president. The bullys, big and small really really hated it.

It made the coming 1975 paradise more believable, utopia in governance had already arrived.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The most Alpha Male elder is who runs the show.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

DOC true. That and good old boys club and family. "Pillars of the congregation"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

And, drearyweather made a good point about those with money. It's like the story of Fiddler on the Roof --

When you're rich ... they think you really know! - Tevye Fiddler on the Roof  | Meme Generator

(From "If I Were A Rich Man")

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Punk and D of C have nailed it. In my experience the most assertive elder has his opinions listened to. That is human nature, I guess.

When the Presiding Overseer became the Co-ordinater it was meant to show that there was no superiority but in practice little changed . Mostly the COBE is the smartest one and has been appointed by the C.O. , so he takes charge.

In my last appointment, the PO and Service Overseer ruled the roost , a third elder always agreed with what they said, leaving me and another decent elder always out voted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit