What’s the most effective way to wake the largest amount of JW’s up?

by Farmer Jim1 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Farmer Jim1
    Farmer Jim1

What can one person do to save as many people as possible from this organisation?

youtube videos?

mail shots?

visiting Kingdom Halls and planting doubts?

writing a book/collaborating with journalists on articles?

advertising websites such as JW facts and JW survey?

Other methods?

what does everyone think is the most effective way?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

jwfacts probably

Until I develop my own website of course: jwinterpretations

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    A mass awakening is not probable. Spirituality is a personal journey one must make on their own.
  • Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I'd say jwfacts too coz it's using the societies own literature to back up ttatt

• Ding
    Ding

I don't think there is one "best way."

Different approaches reach different people, so the more good stuff that's out there, the better.

That said, it takes great patience to overcome WT indoctrination.

I don't think mailings are effective -- too easy to toss them away as apostate literature, turn them over to the elders, etc.

Going to the KH to "plant doubts" is likewise risky. You have to be very subtle or you'll only stir up opposition and get banned. If you keep coming back after that, you could even get arrested. It's happened.

Whatever you try, do your best not to trigger the WT stereotypes about apostates, demonism, us v. them, etc. That's usually counterproductive. It usually just drives JWs back to "mother" (the organization) for "protection."

• Sliced
    Sliced

I wish there was a way to do what you've asked, but realistically--- the answer is how many have commented above. There is NO one way to wake anyone up, more less a whole group of people. Small "awakenings" or shakes of the mind seem to work the best. When someone is in a deep sleep- for instance, they have been sedated for a surgery or such- you have to jostle them several times to help them awake... you call out their name several times and gently shake them a bit. Once they kind of nod or make sounds as to coming awake- you know they are going to come out of it, but it takes time for the meds to wear off. Witnesses are in a very deep coma like sleep when it comes to indoctrination. Its a process- but don't underestimate an individual- some people wake very easily depending on what sort of "force" the info presented had on their mind and heart. I think getting INFO like TTATT is really vital. JW.FACTS is an awesome tool and so many other sites like this one! Drop little pieces of info at a time and keep that shake and wake in mind when doing so--- you never know!

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Whatever makes a JW take a step back and view the religion in reality (and all it's glory). You know those paintings that you look at up close and they are just paint strokes of color, but then you hold them out further and kind of squint your eyes and all of a sudden...you see a clear picture of something? That's what happens when you wake up and personally I don't think it's something that you can force someone else to see. It happens when it happens. I think it requires some distance/perspective/detachment. Most JWs get that as they get "weaker" - when you miss meetings or you associate with non jws, for example. There's a reason the organization warns against these things. It's because it provides "distance". If you step back enough you can see the ridiculousness of the religion and it's teachings.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

People have different experiences and therefore relate to different things. People consume information in different ways. I don't think there's any way to wake people up anyway. That process starts from within and only after that point will they be open to anything. Once they wake up we can all be there to offer help in different ways to appeal to as many as possible.

Funny enough, I think the thing that hits people en masse, people that in my view are already waking up, is Watchtower's own idiocy. Things like the overlapping generations foolishness or tight pants rants tend to be watershed moments more than anything an outsider can do.

• Sliced
    Sliced

Mental clarity---- YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT! Good points. In a way, helping someone become "weak" may prove a great way to help them wake... lol How about suggesting a little family get a way on the weekends and skip service and the meetings... yEsssssSSS lol

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    What can one person do to save as many people as possible from this organization?

This sounds like a waste of time. I see the motivation to save family members - I get that. But why focus on random people in the endeavor. Perhaps some people are best served living in a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit