Do you know of any JW that likes to watch Military Flyover?

by Iamallcool 14 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

At first I thought this was a strange question. (no offense lamallcool ;-) I think it speaks to the diversity in the JW "mindset" & "conscience" in various parts of the US & world. I'm my area when I was an MS, groups of us went to the local US Airforce base for the annual airshow. It was not a big deal at all, and I never heard any murmuring about it. I think it's the same idea that witnesses can 'allow' themselves to go into old churches in Europe to "appreciate" the architecture.

We also went to a , MS house on the 4th of July...he had a great deck with a view of the fireworks. I was fortunately in a very liberal hall...we even had a local needs once on the "friends" (some of them) imposing their strict conscience on the activities of others....but I'm sure in smalltown, central USA the very opposite talk was being given "counsel your brothers when you see them enjoying worldly entertainment" lol. Crazy cult.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Waton

Added the other things we watch on YouTube not airshow stuff. I live near an airbase so see interesting planes at times. Old planes will do flyovers when traveling to air shows.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Yep, and some would go and watch the July 4th fireworks too

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Back in my younger days, there used to be an air show in the city where I worked in a downtown office building. The air show was held over a long holiday weekend.

On Thursday & Friday, the planes would practice their performances from the small airport within viewing distance of the building I worked in.

Every year there was an exhibition from military planes - alternating one year the Blue Angels, the next the Thunderbirds.

The Navy / Air Force pilots got a kick out of buzzing the skyscrapers. You'd hear this low rumble, then a window-rattling whoosh, a remarkably fast shadow, and if you were quick enough, four F-15s or F-18s a few hundred feet away, at almost eye level.

I was a full on 100% believer at the time but I was always the first to jump out of my seat to try to catch a glimpse.

• waton
    waton

On all those locations, Farnborough, Bourget, Toronto, Abbotsford to name a few, there where spectacular crashes. People go to races to watch wipeouts.

I doubt any of the "in" witnesses present at that moment would have "rejoiced" over those tragedies, the premature end of this system's armor. the loss of life, even for spectators, for the sake of live entertainment.

On Thursday & Friday, the planes would practice --" FFG.

The worshippers of Thor would believe this as a signs from their deity. Sign and wonders of the last days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit