Do you know of any JW that likes to watch Military Flyover?

by Iamallcool 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Just wondering!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I don't know, but this exjw enjoyed the Blue Angels flying over Annapolis last week for the Naval Academy commencement!

Maybe related: all the JWs I've known love the 4th of July fireworks.

• waton
    waton

always enjoyed the flyovers, Zeppelins in the 30s, 300 B17 in the 40, night time fireworks targeting the droning wellingtons, lancasters hidden in the darkness,

Military planes are awesome. Even in the promised iffy new world, they should be maintained just to awe the sheep with the power of puny human creators, and let us aerobatic fiends have the joy of stick and rudder pleasure.

The worst possible paragraph in the supposed new judgement scrolls that will be opened:

Thou shalt not build aeroplanes!.

Also watched the silent shuttle launches from our front yard , the later arrival of the thunder; -- the teeth shaking mars launches.

come to think of it, according to wtBtS inc.

Satan is supposedly confined to the earth's surface, --never the less, -- humans escape, gaining freedom through levitation.

enJoy

• Overrated
    Overrated

When I was a mind numbing JW, I liked. And like it even as a worldly person.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I know an elder who is very much into this kind of thing. He is a regular visitor to RAF Scampton where the 617 Squadron (Dambusters) museum is located. He attends all the air shows he can manage as he is very old now. I don't know if he was in the RAF when he was younger, he became a witness in the 1950's. Actually a very nice guy.

George

• LV101
    LV101

Grreat Teacher - my mail carrier was attending his son's graduation at the Annapolis academy commencement. Can't wait to hear all about it.

• zachias
    zachias

Not a fly over but many jw would go to an annual concert featuring and Army band and real cannons for a replay of the 1812.

• waton
    waton
    annual concert featuring and Army band

Z: agree, noit just the sights, the sound of the vents are greattoo. the better if they feature the national anthems, without prejudice: the American, English, soviet, french, german.

serious music. surely approved by the father who made the nations.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

People like machinery. Airplanes, trains, cars, Eiffel towers. The planes have hotdogs at the stick u unlike a passenger plane. Add cannons and machine guns and tanks

• waton
    waton

Add cannons and machine guns

rtn the armament is never a feature in these displays, fake fireworks perhaps . The aerobatic teams of Britain, italy canada others use trainers for their aerial artwork.

those sticks are magic, can turn, from the pilot's view, the world upside down with the flick of the wrist, to the tune of

"He has the world in his hand." or " ueber alles " aka overhead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit