Financially Are You Doing Better Than A Couple of Years Ago?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Yes, much better, I'm able to work on my credit rating. The past few years really put it in the toilet.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, I wonder how this Coronavirus will affect things.

• Simon
    Simon

Stocks are taking a tumble which will affect most people, but the markets tend to over-react and previous "outbreak" emergencies have seen things bounce back (although it was probably due for a correction soon anyway)

It can be horrible looking at your RRSP, 401K or whatever, but it should be viewed as a buying opportunity. Isn't it funny how people invest differently to regular buying? "OMG, the prices are at an all time high - I'm buying things NOW!". Irrational exuberance and FOMO.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Much, but in my case it's because I finished my education after leaving the JW cult and now am able to earn more money.

• minimus
    minimus

Leaving the Witnesses and applying yourself can be a recipe for a good living

• jp1692
    jp1692

Yes it can, Minimus. Yes it can!

• Simon
    Simon

You can spend all that time on yourself, either recharging your batteries or learning / building a business. You easily get an extra 8 hours a week just by not being a JW, and additional direct monetary savings. Heck, it's hard not to come out ahead just by the gas you save.

• minimus
    minimus

And now that they have sold kingdom halls left and right witnesses have to drive further and further

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Much better off. Stocks did take a big hit over the last couple days, but over the long term they are much higher now than they were even six or eight months ago, even after the current downturn.

• RandomUserName3500
    RandomUserName3500

way better than a few years ago (when I was a JW)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit