Scriptural Understanding

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Thank you all for your responses. Just love reading the different views of people. Appreciate it.

Peace

Zing

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

john.prester

I read it that way because that’s how all modern translations render it. It’s about keeping the faith, not preaching it.

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. (NIV)

And let us hold unwaveringly to the hope that we confess, for the one who made the promise is trustworthy. (NET)

let’s hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering; for he who promised is faithful. (WEB)

We must hold tightly to the hope that we say is ours. After all, we can trust the one who made the agreement with us. (CEV)

Let’s hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, because the one who made the promises is reliable. (CEB)

• blondie
    blondie

Do jws really want to make public declaration? Why then do they stand by the carts as oblivious as wooden Indians that used to stand before the doors of some stores (you know now that I am old).

Instead, they give the appearance that they pushed the doorbell, determine that people are not home from a distance, on the sidewalk. Call during times when no one is likely to be home, i.e., weekdays during work hours for most people. Have not read the publications they do show to people who are home. Give rote presentations they have used for the last 15 to 30 years. Go out in country territory with 4 to 6 people in the car, lucky to give their so-called presentation once in the morning or afternoon. Spend more time talking to other jws in the car or stop at 11 a.m. for a break that takes 45 minutes. Start their time by calling at a not at home or similar person that is never home. and on and on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit